Resource icon

TeamSpeak 3 Studio Plugin 1.3.0

adocilesloth submitted a new resource:

TeamSpeak 3 Studio Plugin - Adds overlay for TS3 into OBS plus some other tricks.

TeamSpeak 3 Plugin for OBS Studio
The much promised but never delivered (until now) OBS Studio rewrite of the TeamSpeak 3 Plugin. I dropped the "Change channel" feature because as far as I know it was broken so it seemed that no-one used it, otherwise everything should be there. There are a couple of known issues (see below).

This plugin childs (uses) the Text (FreeType 2) plugin so the text and font options are the same as that.

Adds:
  • An overlay source
  • The ability to add a prefix/suffix to your name in TS3 when streaming and/or recording.
  • The ability to mute you mic in TS3 when streaming and/or recording.
  • The ability to mute TS3 when streaming and/or recording.
In action:
28988413664_737692a7c0_o.png

Settings:
35151033273_c03661846e_o.png

Properties:
35828392381_a64a4d4a52_o.png

Setting up:

• Open Tools->TeamSpeak 3 Settings
  • Enable the Overlay
  • You must add the local IP of the computer with TS3 running on it in the IPV4 box. Just leave it as 127.0.0.1 if you are running OBS and TS3 on the same computer.
  • Add you Client Query API Key into the labeled box. This can be found in TS3 under Tools -> Options -> Addons -> ClientQuery -> Settings -> API Key
  • Add your TS3 Unique ID into the labeled box. This can be found in TS3 under Tools -> Identities -> Go Advanced -> Unique ID
  • Enter the modifier you want to have added to your name in TS3 (max 10 characters). If you don't want a modifier, empty this box.
  • Choose to have the modifier as a prefix or suffix.
  • Choose if you want your microphone in TS3 muted when you stream/record
  • Choose if you want TS3 muted when you stream/record
  • Choose if you want the name modifier and mute settings applied to all TS3 servers you are connected to or just the one that is in focus.

Add TeamSpeak 3 Overlay as a source
  • Select the maximum number of names to show at one time (up to 100). Default is 10.
  • Choose if you only want people who are talking to show up.
  • If you choose to only show speakers, set how long you want them to show up once they have stopped talking (up to 500 ms) Currently unimplemented
  • Choose if you want to hide yourself from the overlay
  • Set the symbol for people who are not talking
  • Set the symbol for people who are talking
  • Choose if you want to talking symbols to the left (default) or right of the speaker

Known Issues:
  1. Plugin will not connect to TS3 client (and may crash OBS) if TS3 is launched after OBS.

Work arounds:
  1. Launch TS3 before OBS
Installation:
  • Unzip the file.
  • Navigate into the TS3StudioPlugin folder (the one you just unzipped).
  • In another window, navigate to where you installed OBS (By default, this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\)
  • Drag the obs-studio folder from TS3StudioPlugin folder into your other window. (So by default, drag the obs-studio into C:\Program Files (x86))
  • When prompted, merge all folders.

OS Support:
  • Windows 32bit and 64bit
  • Linux is coming at some point.
As ever, if you want to see how bad my coding is, source code is available on GitHub
I feel like I've gone crazy with the bullet points... Oh well...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

coRpSE

Thank You, but I have noticed that some of the features are not working.

The choose if you want to hide yourself from the overlay does not seem to be working for me.
Also, the modifier to my TS3 does not seem to change. Its not adding a *R* at the end of my name like it did on the one for OBS Classic.

Other than that, everything else seems to be working which is nice. Thanks again.
I am on OBS Studio 64bit.

Nice finally. Working good but sometimes it crash OBS.
What are you doing when it crashes? Do you have a log I can look at?

Thank You, but I have noticed that some of the features are not working.

The choose if you want to hide yourself from the overlay does not seem to be working for me.
Also, the modifier to my TS3 does not seem to change. Its not adding a *R* at the end of my name like it did on the one for OBS Classic.

Other than that, everything else seems to be working which is nice. Thanks again.
I am on OBS Studio 64bit.

The "hide yourself" only works when you are live so it won't work in the preview (I should probably look into that).

If you are live and it's not hiding your name, plus the fact that *R* is not showing, can you make sure that you have your Unique ID entered into the plugin. It sounds like this is what is missing.

incontrovertible

Heyo, when I add the IPv4 address of my main computer to OBS on my stream computer the plugin doesn't work. When I just use the loopback IPv4 address (or not, works without it too) on my main computer only it seems to work fine when first added but then needs to be re-added on OBS restart. I need it however to preferably work over the network to the streaming computer.

Any help would be appreciated, thank-you for your time.

Heyo, when I add the IPv4 address of my main computer to OBS on my stream computer the plugin doesn't work. When I just use the loopback IPv4 address (or not, works without it too) on my main computer only it seems to work fine when first added but then needs to be re-added on OBS restart. I need it however to preferably work over the network to the streaming computer.

Any help would be appreciated, thank-you for your time.

The "re-add" this is noted in the OP. You don't need to add it again, just open the properties for the source and close again (you don't have to change anything).

As for the IP, I'll look into it. In the mean time, please make sure that your TS3 client has the "TeamSpeak 3 control plugin" enabled (it probably is but it won't hurt to check).

coRpSE

What are you doing when it crashes? Do you have a log I can look at?

The "hide yourself" only works when you are live so it won't work in the preview (I should probably look into that).

If you are live and it's not hiding your name, plus the fact that *R* is not showing, can you make sure that you have your Unique ID entered into the plugin. It sounds like this is what is missing.

The first time I tried it, I was missing that, but then i researched and saw that was needed, so I put that in and still did not work, even after stopping and restarting. This was all tested before making the first post.

The first time I tried it, I was missing that, but then i researched and saw that was needed, so I put that in and still did not work, even after stopping and restarting. This was all tested before making the first post.
OK, I'll look into it. Do you have a log from when it's not working that I can look at?

incontrovertible

The "re-add" this is noted in the OP. You don't need to add it again, just open the properties for the source and close again (you don't have to change anything).

As for the IP, I'll look into it. In the mean time, please make sure that your TS3 client has the "TeamSpeak 3 control plugin" enabled (it probably is but it won't hurt to check).

Yep the plugin was enabled. Cheers for looking into it, I'll be looking forward to when it gets resolved. =]

Thank-you for your time.

coRpSE

OK, I'll look into it. Do you have a log from when it's not working that I can look at?
Okay, I figured out the issue that I was running in while talking with a friend on TS3. I had both his and my TS3 open. I had mine open in Tab #1 and his in Tab #2. This plugin will only effect what is in Tab #1 slot, even if you are talking on Tab #2. So it ignores what tab your in and only affects what is in the first tab on the left. But other wise, it is working.

Now, if you move around the order the tabs, it will still only effect the one that was originally in tab slot #1. I hope this makes sense to you. Basically it ignores what tab you're currently connected in to and just works off the TS3 that is in tab #1, (as long as you don't move the tabs).

Yep the plugin was enabled. Cheers for looking into it, I'll be looking forward to when it gets resolved. =]

Thank-you for your time.

Can you try "opening the telnet port for everyone" (if it's not already). In TS3, go to:
Plugins->ClientQuiery->Settings and check "Open telnet port for everyone" and then hit OK.
You'll need to reload the ClientQuiery plugin (I derped before, it's ClienQuiery not TeamSpeak 3 control plugin) afterwards so hit "Reload All".

I can't seem to use a direct telnet to TS3 across my network when I've set this up though. You may have to play with settings and permissions of firewalls and/or windows. The plugin runs on port 25639 if that helps.
My laptop is on it's last legs right now so unfortunatly I can't really test over my network a huge amount. I may play around a bit more tomorrow.

Okay, I figured out the issue that I was running in while talking with a friend on TS3. I had both his and my TS3 open. I had mine open in Tab #1 and his in Tab #2. This plugin will only effect what is in Tab #1 slot, even if you are talking on Tab #2. So it ignores what tab your in and only affects what is in the first tab on the left. But other wise, it is working.

Now, if you move around the order the tabs, it will still only effect the one that was originally in tab slot #1. I hope this makes sense to you. Basically it ignores what tab you're currently connected in to and just works off the TS3 that is in tab #1, (as long as you don't move the tabs).

Yes, you're making perfect sense. You can change your name in all TS3 servers you are connected to by checking the "User modifier, mute microphone and mute sound on all connected TS3 servers" box. If your name is the same on all servers it should (I think) hide your name in OBS regardless of which server you are talking on. I'm not sure if it's possible to get the TS3 server that's in focus or not. I'll have to poke around at some point once the plugin is a bit more stable.

Toxicalwaste85

Hi there first off i wanna say i do like your plugin. It has a few things that does not work like intended for me.

Im connected to 4 different teamspeak servers in different tabs. it only changes one of them to *R* it does not do it to all of them. only the far left tab. if i re arrange the tabs its always the far left tab it does it to.

Another thing in order to make the plugin work i need to every time i open OBS studio dubbleclick the plugin to open properties for the plugin and then close that window again. That makes the plugin run like intended. if i skip that step the plugin does not seem to run.

Also yesterday when ive been streaming for several hours when i stopped the stream it crashed obs and name was not changed back to standard teamspeak name.

if you wish i can explain and show you over remote desktop :)

Last edited:

Toxicalwaste85

Feature request

A option to set your Teamspeak name to *Rec* when recording and *Stream* When streaming. So that the users on teamspeak can see if im only recording or if im recording and streaming live. Would like it to change all my names on all ts servers. Connected to 4 servers. So id like that to be separated out in some way shape or form. And maybe a incognito function if you are recording and dont want to advertise it without disabling the plugin.

Also would like the ability to change the font but still have the circle dot working that lights up. Or being able to set your own character that marks the active speaker.

The main reason for me useing this plugin is the ability for obs to change my TS name. I dont really use it for the display of the names that are talking that much.

Thank-you for your time.
So I have a partial fix for you. As I said before, you need to open the ClientQuiery for everyone:
Plugins->ClientQuiery->Settings and check "Open telnet port for everyone" and then hit OK.

Then you need to open the port through your firewall.
The port you need to open is: 25639
The port type is: TCP/IP
You'll have to look up how to do this depending on your firewall.

From my fiddling, it's only modifying my name over the network, not showing who is in the channel/speaking. I will look into this (although it may work for you, who knows).

Im connected to 4 different teamspeak servers in different tabs. it only changes one of them to *R* it does not do it to all of them. only the far left tab. if i re arrange the tabs its always the far left tab it does it to.
Last option in the Proprieties window, make sure it's checked. Should then work as you want it to provided you use the same identity on all the TS3 servers (i.e. have the same Unique ID on all the servers) you're connected to.
Another thing in order to make the plugin work i need to every time i open OBS studio dubbleclick the plugin to open properties for the plugin and then close that window again. That makes the plugin run like intended. if i skip that step the plugin does not seem to run.
It's already noted in the OP.
Also yesterday when ive been streaming for several hours when i stopped the stream it crashed obs and name was not changed back to standard teamspeak name.
If OBS crashes, then the plugin goes with it. If the plugin is not running, it won't change your name back. I'm working on fixes for stability at the moment.

A option to set your Teamspeak name to *Rec* when recording and *Stream* When streaming. So that the users on teamspeak can see if im only recording or if im recording and streaming live. Would like it to change all my names on all ts servers. Connected to 4 servers. So id like that to be separated out in some way shape or form.
I'll consider it once the plugin is more stable and the Linux version is out.
And maybe a incognito function if you are recording and dont want to advertise it without disabling the plugin.
Just delete everything from the "Modifier" text box.
Also would like the ability to change the font but still have the circle dot working that lights up. Or being able to set your own character that marks the active speaker.
Someone also asked for this on GitHub. As before, I'll consider it once the plugin is more stable and the Linux version is out.

Yona

Hello, you know when the next version is released?
I want this plugin but I read on the comments which it is not very stable for now. Thanks!

Hello, you know when the next version is released?
I want this plugin but I read on the comments which it is not very stable for now. Thanks!
I may be over stating the unstableness of the plugin. I'd advise trying it and seeing if it works for you as I don't know when I will finish the next version (life being life and all that).

Yona

I may be over stating the unstableness of the plugin. I'd advise trying it and seeing if it works for you as I don't know when I will finish the next version (life being life and all that).
I only need click on edit and save the overlay source of TS3 (without changing anything) and work perfectly, thanks you so much!

RadCraftplay2

RAM usage (Before recording):
  • No plugin installed: 82 000K
  • With plugin installed: 200 000 K

RAM usage (When recording):
  • No plugin installed: 123 000 K
  • With plugin installed: goes up till takes all free memory

RAM usage (After recording):
  • No plugin installed: Goes down to 92 000 K
  • With plugin installed: Stays the same as at the moment, when I stopped recording

Please, fix

CarlM

I have two nagging issues with this plug-in, one is the known bug where nothing shows until I enter the properties and back out again, and two OBS simply crashes every single time on exit with this plug-in installed. Neither is a show stopper but really kinda annoying, hope there's an update in the works...thanks.

Miscni

I got the same problem, it think it is because of the new TS update 3.1, so they may have updated the API.