Suddenly MASSIVE Stream Issues on OBS

BeefyTrev

I've streamed for years and over the last 7/8 months I've used the same OBS settings and it's worked a treat

Suddenly I was getting really bad dropped frames outof no where, I tested my internet and it was completely fine as usual, I looked at the settings and dropped the bitrate from the usual 6000 to 2000 and no difference. Now every time I go live I experience these issues despite the Mac I'm on being able to hand these for a while now.

Any help please urgently? (Also attached my current settings - which I have tried the lowest settings too but doesn't seem to affect it)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 20.59.28.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 20.59.28.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 20.59.37.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 20.59.37.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 21.01.13.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 21.01.13.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 13

BeefyTrev

UPDATE:
After lots of tests on the bandwidth test mode, sometimes it goes over an hour before suddenly going mad and dropping frames/ having unstable bitrate. Other times I just start and instantly it does it! My internet is connected via ethanet and it's REALLY struggling!

Do you think there is an issue with my mac (which I only got at the end of Jan) despite it seemingly being fine with everything else?

I'm running out of ideas of how to fix this issue. Again I have streamed on this new Mac for well over a month at 6000kbps and full HD, using Elgato sources and DSLR cam set up (which i've always used). Now it seems to be massively unstable and a big risk.

It's really affecting my streaming schedule and routine so if anyone can help that would be AMAZING, thank you!

TFE

Settings | Output | Output Mode — Are you on Simple or Advanced? I have been using OBS on Macs for 5+ years with Output Mode "Advanced" without any dropped frames (network) until recently. Sometimes I can stream for two hours no problem, sometimes for an hour then OBS starts dropping frames, sometimes OBS drops frames from the start. Re-boot the router, the Mac, still problem comes and goes. After extensive testing, of everything from the internet connection/modem/cabling, to OBS settings, to video and audio inputs, NDI connections, monitor settings, yada yada, nothing helped. Until a couple days ago, when I just switched Output Mode back to Simple (not used that for years!). 5500 Kbps, 128 audio bitrate, everything else default: "Hardware (Apple, H.264)" and Audio "AAC (Default)" and "Recording Format Matroska Video (.mkv)". As far as I can tell the same settings as I was using on the Advanced tab. However, on Simple the dropped frames problem has disappeared. And testing extensively the last two days, Simple has worked flawlessly, like the good ol' days.

I have not used OBS to stream for a while now but I have the latest 30.0,2 and the older 27.2.4 which is very stable for whenever I experienced any issues I simply just go the the older version. It works much reliably than the newer version most times, even with my GFX software and all the pluggings. On a fully loaded M1 Mac BTW.

boosbugs

Just wanted to report I am experiencing the same issues recently. Without even starting to stream or record I am dropping frames due to rendering lag. Never experienced this before and haven’t changed sources, scenes, etc M1 Studio Ultra