Sudden Issues with Encoding, Recording Errors?

DachSunD

Hello everybody!
Let me try to nail this down as concisely as I can, because this had been a long-running stream of issues for me. I decided to start streaming/recording videos. Downloaded OBS and in testing initially everything was fine. When I went to do an actual stream, everything lagged out, rendering and encoding, among other things. That was a few weeks ago. Instead then I decided to try and just record videos and upload them to Youtube. Everything seemed to work until it didn't. I found a post of Reddit saying to mess with the settings and try. I ended up setting my render/encoder to QVS FROM NVENC and everything seemed to workout just fine. I was able to record a video, not a single issue and my system and OBS ran just fine.

Today, however, I sat down to record a video and I got several errors out of the blue. I got the random "an encoder error occurred while recording", which never happened before. I did some troubleshooting and found something about trying the NVENC setting again. I did, and got the other error in one of the logs below. Out of options, I've decided to come to the experts here on the forums for help.
I've attached the logs and my system information. Yes, I an well aware that my laptop is kind of old. (That didn't seem to be an issue when I was able to record the stable video before.)

Thanks in advance for the help!!

System:
Alienware M17X (2014-2015)
Windows 10, 64-bit
Nvidia Geforce GTX 880M, 8GB GPU
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4910MQ CPU@2.9GHZ (its overclocked to almost 4ghz)
RAM: 32GB

koala

You're trying to use nvenc with a video resolution 4548x2560. Nvenc supports a maximum resolution of 4096x4096. Reduce the output resolution to 4096 or lower.