Sudden drop to 0 kb/s, OBS becomes background process

LightninThundr

Been experiencing an issue every day for over a week, where after roughly 2 hours of streaming, OBS reports 0 kb/s bitrate despite the internet still working fine (I checked). It functions for a few minutes before encountering the same issue after a full restart of the program.

Upon opening task manager I noticed that it seemed to become a background process somehow. It was no longer listed under the 'Apps' section. If I end that task, then it functions fine after the restart for the rest of the stream. I looked for it after booting the computer to see if I could end the problem before it was encountered, but it wasn't there.

I've been checking the forums regularly for a solution but no post seems to match my problem, and adjacent problems' solutions have not helped.

Let me know if you need more details.

EDIT: I just looked at the log files. The previously used link is not the log file for the stream. The relevant text documents have been added.

Attachments

• 2020-06-08 17-05-17.txt
    59.4 KB · Views: 431
  • 2020-06-08 19-01-29.txt
    85.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

m.scott644

Don't have an answer to this, but I've been experiencing the same problem around the 2 hour mark. Interested to know if you've found an answer.

qhobbes

0. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
1. Killer's Firewall is known for it's poor performance and issues when trying to stream. Please download the driver pack from https://support.killernetworking.com/ , completely uninstall all Killer NIC items and install their Driver only package.
2. Run OBS as Admin.

m.scott644

Hi Qhobbes,

I'm running on Macbook Pro 2018 2.2 ghz 6 core intel, but also I'm doing a 2 camera set up at 1080, 29.97, dynamic bit-rate but at 4500kbps unless there's a problem. I'm not doing a gaming stream, I actually run a live music stream, anyways, we rarely go over 2 hours, but we've had a problem the two times it's happened. It's none of these problems listed above, but curious if you have any other thoughts.

Thanks.

JustJames

0. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
1. Killer's Firewall is known for it's poor performance and issues when trying to stream. Please download the driver pack from https://support.killernetworking.com/ , completely uninstall all Killer NIC items and install their Driver only package.
2. Run OBS as Admin.

Hi there, with the first issue does this also apply if the source is not showing? been having the 0kb/s bitrate issue recently, and it always happens randomly upon changing different scenes, I think i may have a couple where game capture and display capture are both selected, however one or the other is always disabled and vice versa, but I have had them like this for quite a while now and its only recently that the 0kb/s crash seems to be occuring?
Thank you

LightninThundr

Hi everyone, I have found an apparent solution through the SLOBS support ticket website.

It appears to be a problem with the most recent version of Windows version 2004, which has been causing widespread software problems across several types of apps. The only (apparent) solution is to regress back to a previous version of Windows, if possible.
After exploring several other options including cache resets and full re-installs, nothing has worked. I tried to regress my version but it can only go back one patch and Windows has released several since then. It did not crash during today's stream, but I'm afraid that's not enough data to say for sure that it worked.

I have also had Game Capture and Display Capture on the same scene for several months now with no problems. They are never active at the same time, one or the other is always hidden, so that might be the reason, qhobbes.

This is all the help I can offer in the thread at this time. Seems like its up to OBS or Windows to patch a fix. If I find anything else, I will post here again, but judging on the extent of the fixes I tried, it seems like it might be out of our hands.

Best of luck.

fastjack25

I got the same problems as described above after streaming for month and years without any issues.

But, i changed my setup to single PC streaming with NVENC a few weeks ago. What i realized, after around 2 hours upload dropped to 0 kb/s, the little square was still green. Viewers said, stream has gone offline.

Yesterday, i tried to turn of "Dynamic Bitrate" under the "Advanced" - Tab and had no problem streaming for 4 hours.

Don´t know if there is any coincidence with NVENC and this setting, but perhaps you can give i a try.

NeoJ

Very similar for me. I tried to rollback my latest update but there's a "service stack" update that is uninstallable. OBS doesn't always sit at 0 kb/s, sometimes it's rises a little, but never out of the red. (sigh)

I've been streaming with these settings and sources and scenes for a while, haven't changed anything, other than the latest update.

melryan15

I don't know if this is helpful, but I had the same bitrate problem that was always lowered to 0kb/s, I used OBS and other platforms to transmit and I had the same result and I ended up solving it in this way:
1. Windows + R> we open the cmd> we write: ipconfig> we see the IPv6 address of your network.
2. We open the OBS> configuration> Advanced> Network> Bind to IP> we look for the IPV6 of your network
After so long I was able to solve it this way, I hope it helps you