Question / Help Stuttering while recording

TheMightyYiffer

Hey everyone,

I wanted to reach out here, as I have been trying everything I could think of to solve the stuttering in my recordings. I have tried a few things, which helped to reduce the stuttering a bit, but it is still a noticeable problem.

I am using the Nvenc H.264 encoder, with VBR at only 20000 (which from what I understand is pretty low, and I have tried higher). I am also trying to achieve 1440p 60 FPS. I have a GTX 1070 with a 6700k overclocked to 4.5 ghz.

In all honestly, I am pretty ignorant overall when it comes to OBS, but from what little I do understand, I feel like I should be able to achieve a constantly smooth 60fps while at 1440p.

I have tried turning off g-sync, I have changed my monitors refresh rate from 165, to 120 and to 60 hz, I have played around with the bit rate, the presets and pretty much all the other settings. I really don't know what to do. The only game I have been interested in recording is Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, which is about 6 years old now, and it is completely easy for my system to run; I don't ever have any drops in game.

Here is my log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/TGVOoN5ZrwdJAxfl

A lot of it I don't understand, and I was hoping someone here could perhaps reveal the problem. Thanks for your help!

carlmmii

According to the logs, you're 100% fine. No render lag, no encoding lag, graphics pipeline is within frame timing tolerances.

What are you using to determine stuttering in the recordings?

koala

Try a different media player, for example VLC or Media Player Classic. Sometimes the issue is not the recorded video but the player.