Stuttering/cutting audio while OBS is open, not necessarily streaming

rogerddsantos

Hi there!

So today my OBS decided that he would stutter and cut my whole PC audio while the software is open and I can't find a solution for this.

I've already checked the sample rate and it's everything right, did not work in both 44,1 KHz and 48 KHz. I've also made sure that the "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" box on my audio devices is unchecked.

I use Voicemeeter and CoreAudio AAC, I tried uninstalling and then re-installing both of them, but did not work.

I don't know what else to do.

(sorry for my bad english btw)

rogerddsantos

I did a few more tests and apparently the stuttering coming from the PC is not heard on the recording/stream, like, I can hear it in my headphones, but it doesn't come out on the recording/stream. My voice is stuttered for both me and the recording/stream though.

rogerddsantos

Strictly avoid double use of same sound device/source. If your log seems right, you use twice at Desktop-Audio 1 and 2.
Oh yeah, I was not using actually, probably I changed for testing and forgot to change back.

But I already got my problem solved, a guy from France showed up at a tweet I was complaining about OBS and helped me.

I was not using the best option when selecting my audio devices on Voicemeeter (WDM, KS or MME). I'm now using my mic in MME and my headphone in KS and is working perfectly.

I don't know why the stutter happened only when OBS was open, but great thing is now working normally.

Thank you for the advice by the way, I'll double check that in the next times.