Question / Help Stuttering Constantly!

PizzaPeter1998

Hi there,
Been trying to stream for the past month now but I can't seem to get anything working smoothly. I use the NDI plugin for a two PC setup so I don't have to use a capture device but for some reason when I stream the stream comes out all stuttery.

• I've changed the bandwidth (6,000 | 6,500 | 7,000) and no difference
  • I've changed the resolution from 1600x900 @60FPS to 1280x720 @60FPS and no difference
  • I've made my internal setup support gigabit pass through such as the ethernet switch etc. and my network properties state 1,000mbps available on both PC's.
  • I've changed the fps from 60 to 50 then 30 not much difference
  • I'v changed the CPU usage from slow all the way up to veryfast and my CPU usage only peaks to around 60% max but no difference
Stream PC:
  • AMD Ryzen 5 1600x
  • 16GB DDR4 HyperX Fury RAM 2666Mhz
I've streamed some games such as Sea Of Thieves at 1600x900 @60fps without any problems what so ever. Any thoughts and solutions on how to overcome this?

DEDRICK

Check your lagged frames count on the Gaming PCs OBS(View/Stats) while you have a game open, check your Skipped Frames count on the Stream PC in the same place while Streaming

PizzaPeter1998

@DEDRICK Thanks for the help. I did what you said and I recorded on the gaming pc and streamed on the streaming PC for 10 mins. When the recording took place i received this in the logs:

03:25:04.618: Output 'adv_file_output': Total drawn frames: 2690 (7297 attempted)
03:25:04.618: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 4607 (63.1%)

I assume this is because when I record I use my GPU instead of CPU and there isn't enough resources for OBS to utilise. However should this really affect me when streaming on a different PC as I don't record whilst streaming? or is it the way in which the NDI plugin system works?

Also on the streaming side of things there are no skipped frames what so ever, even on previous streams.

DEDRICK

OBS still uses GPU even if you use NDI, simply having OBS running will take around 5%. This is due to how it has to capture and then render the scene, it composites frames at your Output Resolution x FPS using your GPU to either be sent to an encoder or sent over NDI.

The common solution for lagged frames is to lower your games GPU usage by using an FPS limiter, lowering GPU bound game details or enabling V-Sync.

I will add though that lagged frames is not entirely GPU usage but cause by an inherent issue with Windows 10 and/or Nvidia that makes it not split the usage correctly, giving games more priority over OBS, taking resources away from it. One user with a 1080ti will lag frames, another user with a 1080ti will not, in the exact same scenario.

Both users have 100% GPU usage but one is 95% Game, 5% OBS, the other is 97% Game, 3% OBS.
Running Furmark and OBS, 100% usage and no lagged frames... but run PUBG and OBS, 100% usage, instant lagged frames, it makes no sense.

PizzaPeter1998

@DEDRICK Thank you for informing me on how the system operates and providing more than necessary information. I have looked into the issue as you said to enable V-Sync within the game settings, I have tried this and the live feed through OBS seems to be stable now and not choppy.

Once again I appreciate your time and effort into helping me.

Thanks!

matthewwhitaker

I has this exactly happen to me - it stopped me streaming for over a month. You will actually notice it only stutters while you run around, if you are in spectator/support mode it is fine!

The fix is to tick, and then untick the anti cheat option in the game capture properties in obs. (Access by right clicking) the game capture won't appear until it is ticked, then it will stop stuttering when you untick it.

Again it took me ages of trial and error to actually work out what was happening here!!! Let me know how you go dude :)

WreckedMech

So I made a bit of a discovery regarding those lost frames.

In a two system setup I was getting major frame drops on the incoming NDI connection. The OBS monitor on the giving side appeared smooth, but the receiving OBS was far from it. The odd solution was to Minimize a browser window i had set to monitor my Twitch broadcast. Not Close, just Minimize, sometimes even tab away from a video playing window. Although i bet closing works too.

My advice if your having the OBS-NDI frame loss issue is to go through your windows and minimize them until you locate the one causing the stutter by being active.

Agamemnus

@DEDRICK is exactly right. Some games will happily consume your entire GPU's power and leave OBS fighting over the 5% or so that it needs.

V-Sync often works because it caps your in-game frame rate. If your frame rate is not capped, then your game will just keep churning out frames as much as your GPU can do it. Cap the frame rate, and you leave some spare power for OBS. Some games have in-built caps, and some of them just somehow work without it. PUBG and Apex are notoriously bad for consuming all your GPU's power, yet still, some people magically don't ever notice.

The solution is to cap the game's frame rate. You can do it manually in some games, or enable V-Sync and adjust your monitor's refresh rate to cap it that way.

faluyt

If you are looking for Advisor Hr Net Employee Login then check here I have mentioned step by step process for Advisor Hr Net Employee Login Official portal. I have also given Advisor Hr Net Employee Login official links for login including a screenshot on this post.

Advisor Hr Net Employee Login