Question / Help Streamlabs Audio Not Working After New OBS Update

JRLink13

After OBS updated to 20.1.0 I can no longer hear the sounds from my notifications that come from Streamlabs. If I open the test window from the Streamlabs site, I can hear it just fine but there is no audio coming from OBS. I even set the audio to come out of my main speakers and I still can't here the audio from OBS. I'm assuming there must be something wrong with the BrowserSource but I know the URL is correct because the image and text still appear and I can hear the audio if I open the test window. Why isn't the audio happening in OBS? It worked 100% before the update.

JRLink13

Everything else that outputs through my computer works fine and I can hear it, spotify, youtube videos, quicktime, etc. Just not the alerts on OBS. Again, I can hear them via the test window that you can launch from the Streamlabs website, but not when they happen in JUST OBS

shawn butts

Same here.

I also use Audio Hijack to capture all sounds (application capture) from OBS. This worked well in the previous version of OBS. But, after updating today, there is no sound coming from OBS. At least not that Audio Hijack can detect.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Verify that OBS is not muted in the WIndows volume mixer?

Alerts are working fine for me when I test them in OBS.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
My mistake, we have so few macOS users sometimes I forget to check the section when I get notices of new topic postings.

Browser Source versions are identical between Windows/Mac, however, and as mentioned before there were no updates at all to the source with this latest update.

Let me see if I can find a mac at the office I can test with.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
We have enough reports that this is an issue, though no real idea what is causing it.

The main OBS developers are at TwitchCon this week, so please be patient until we can investigate further.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Further investigation shows that Streamlabs alerts that use mp3 will not work as CEF is no longer built with mp3 support EDIT: This was changed a long while ago, so if you were updating from a much older version this can explain what is happening. You can test by using: http://html5test.com/ inside the browser source and going to the Audio section to see what is supported.

They must be converted to .ogg or you can install ppapi flash for playback.

EconomyDuckling

I have the same problem. I have tried removing browser source from OBS and re-entering it, I've tried replacing my MP3 audio files with the .ogg type files and they still don't work... I downloaded OBS and started streaming with it about 3-4 months ago and it WAS a pleasure to work with.

These last two updates have really thrown a spanner in the works. I don't usually jump in forums like this and post stuff as I like to just read them to gain information. However, I think it is fair to say that this issue warrants more attention. Especially for the streamers. Interaction with viewers with the use of Alertbox notifications encourages viewers to engage more (Subscribing/following/donations/sponsors etc).

I have felt pretty silly and unprofessional over the past couple of days apologizing to my viewers, donators and new sponsors for the reasons why;
1. Channel Alerts are not coming through properly.
2. Constantly Apologizing and Explain the reason why I missed somebody subbing, donating or sponsoring.

Every time the above happens, not only am I making my channel look unprofessional in my eyes, but I am also explaining that the issues I have are OBS-related.

I try to encourage most new-comers to use your software for streaming or recording purposes, but I don't want to continue to recommend a product that continues to keep us on our toes, with a new bug or a new challenge with every update.

Thanks for your time.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Again, browser source was not updated between 20.0.1 and 20.1.

We have tested Streamlabs alerts on a Mac system and they are working fine, so this is not an issue with browser source.

I understand that this is frustrating, and that it's really easy to point fingers, but if we cannot replicate the issue there is not much that we can do to support it.

So, let's start getting data, as nobody has provided any logs, any details on the versions of macOS they are on, etc.

If you are having this issue, please try the following steps.

1) Click the Scene Collection menu at the top of OBS, and select "New". Enter Test as the name
2) Add a single browser source to the new Scene Collection, and no other sources, connected to your Streamlabs alert URL.
3) Test an alert, and note if it works.
4) Click on Help -> Log Files -> Upload Current Log and attach it to this post, as well as the following answers:

-What version of macOS are you on (i.e. 10.11)?
-Have you tested the alerts in a normal Chrome (Safari or Firefox are not a comparable test) browser, and do they work there?
-Have you contacted Streamlabs support and reported this issue to them, or asked for assistance?
-What was the last version of OBS studio where the alerts worked?
-Link to your current log file: