Status
Not open for further replies.

AssistMePlease

I downloaded StreamFX and installed it in order to capture videos in ProRes within OBS however that option is not appearing for some reason. None of the options are appearing, in fact. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice...in addition to doing the same with OBS. Still not working. MacOC Catina 10.15.7. Any idea what I can do to correct this?

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS® Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.11.0

Please read the Installation Guide!
The installation guide covers the required hardware and software to run the plugin, and how to install it through the various options. Please make sure that you have read it in it's entirety before asking for help, as most issues can simply be solved by reading it and actually following all the steps, including installing the necessary prerequisites...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xaymar

So, there's nothing you can do? :/
It's my favourite part of StreamFX so far.

I can do a lot, but that doesn't mean that I will do it. I've marked features as experimental for a good reason, and if you encounter problems with them: welp that sucks, they'll be fixed when I get to them.

falti

Absolutely fantastic plugin!

I have a question: is there any trick to do something like this? I don't even know how to call it: "3D transform along a path" "bending around a circle" - or so?

studio.jpg

Display Capture like this (yes, it's boring PowerPoint ;-) :

ppt.jpg

Result (made quick and dirty with an image editor...)
studio_result.jpg

Xaymar

Absolutely fantastic plugin!

I have a question: is there any trick to do something like this? I don't even know how to call it: "3D transform along a path" "bending around a circle" - or so?

If you want it easy, things like UE4, Unity, vMix and TouchDesigner can do it with ease. If easy is not something you want to pay for or learn another software, then you'll be constrained to writing shaders or your own plugin that can do this.

falti

@Xaymar Thanks for coming back to this.
Not sure if I explained correctly what I was looking for: what I meant was not a one time change to a given image, but a filter that can be applied to a display capture that will bend it into this rounded form to fit the curved TV studio element - very much like 3D transform does, but with the additional rounding.
I'm afraid my programming skills do not suffice to make such a shader or plugin

Agent_PK_1

Hi, trying to use the blur effect to blur out the background in my webcam and find the image mask is doing weird things.

I took a screenshot of my cam and opened it in photoshop. drew around myself, and made a black blob. i deleted all the other layers and saved as a transparent png.

1642623734047.png

i added this in the blur mask settings and it blurred me out whilst the background was clear.

i tried again with the image below and weirdly got the exact same result???? any idea what i did wrong?? Thanks you

1642623845818.png

Xaymar

Masks are grayscale per channel from 0 (black) to 1 (white). By making something fully opaque, you told the masking function to fully blur it. The opposite happens probably because your image editor does not treat transparency as its own channel, but as a property of color.

Agent_PK_1

"Xaymar, post: 557467, member: 19269"]
Masks are grayscale per channel from 0 (black) to 1 (white). By making something fully opaque, you told the masking function to fully blur it. The opposite happens probably because your image editor does not treat transparency as its own channel, but as a property of color.

Thanks! I realise now that this is more of an issue about masks in general (and my lack of understanding of them) and not so much an issue with your plugin, so thank you for taking the time to explain that, really appreciated. I am using photoshop and am pretty new to anything beyond MS Paint lol.

The plugin is awesome btw it adds so much more functionality to obs

Thanks again
PK

Last edited:

daniellangeplays

Hi, trying to use the blur effect to blur out the background in my webcam and find the image mask is doing weird things.

I took a screenshot of my cam and opened it in photoshop. drew around myself, and made a black blob. i deleted all the other layers and saved as a transparent png.

View attachment 79276

i added this in the blur mask settings and it blurred me out whilst the background was clear.

i tried again with the image below and weirdly got the exact same result???? any idea what i did wrong?? Thanks you

View attachment 79277
Use the bottom image and make a white layer underneath the black background.
Mask work like this: Black = removes, White = keeps

NikkiandBunty

We've use StreamFX for so many things! Playing retro games and applying barrel distortion to the screen looks great :) Just one question: what is Source Mirror replaced by? Thank you!

Hi,
This plugin seems to be awesome! I just discovered it. However, I am going to have to go through hoops in order to upgrade to allow my Mac to be able to install it. I am loving it on my virtual Wn10 machine getting to know it, but is limited because a VM is limited in horsepower in comparisons to the host machine in this case a Mac. My question is does StreamFX have the same capabilities in Mac as it does in Windows? Sometimes their are differences. Thanks in advance.

Xaymar

Hi,
This plugin seems to be awesome! I just discovered it. However, I am going to have to go through hoops in order to upgrade to allow my Mac to be able to install it. I am loving it on my virtual Wn10 machine getting to know it, but is limited because a VM is limited in horsepower in comparisons to the host machine in this case a Mac. My question is does StreamFX have the same capabilities in Mac as it does in Windows? Sometimes their are differences. Thanks in advance.

No, as shown on the wiki/manual. Mac is incapable of some of the things that Windows and Linux can do, so you'll either have to jump ship, or live with the reduction in features on Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.