Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnsbury

Hi, I am newbie so excuse any dumb questions.

I installed this plugin as I wanted to encode captured video in H265 but I still dont get that option. I only see x264 or Hardware NVENC in Simple. Or in Advanced - the only options are Nvidea NVENC h264. My graphics card is Nvidia GTX 1660 Super. CPU is AMD Ryzen 5900x

Is HEVC encoding possible? Thanks for your help.

ecuven

Amazing plugin Xaymar, I congrat you, it's a pitty I can't install it in linux mint, I even updated the Obs version to 27.0.1 and I can't make or work. If you can't help me I aprecciate it.

dgatwood

Hi, I am newbie so excuse any dumb questions.

I installed this plugin as I wanted to encode captured video in H265 but I still dont get that option. I only see x264 or Hardware NVENC in Simple. Or in Advanced - the only options are Nvidea NVENC h264. My graphics card is Nvidia GTX 1660 Super. CPU is AMD Ryzen 5900x

Is HEVC encoding possible? Thanks for your help.

Same question. (Well, mine shows VAAPI for h.264 instead of NVENC, and I'm still debating which codec to use, and different hardware, but otherwise, same question.)

Fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04 on a 16-core Mac Pro (because NDI 4K decoding stutters severely in macOS)
StreamFX version 0.10.1
OBS v27.0.1 (installed from the official ppa:obsproject/obs-studio repository)
fmpeg version 4.2.4-1ubuntu0.1

The plug-in seems to have loaded. I got the splash screen and the request to auto-update (which I denied, because I don't want to have auto-*anything* enabled). The StreamFX menu appears. However, I'm not seeing any additional codecs at all, nor anything else except for the menu item.

dgatwood

I figured out the missing plug-in issue. They only show up under the "Recording" tab, not the "Streaming" tab. I'm so used to them being the same that I didn't think about the fact that you can't stream h.265 or ProRes. :-D

Xaymar

I figured out the missing plug-in issue. They only show up under the "Recording" tab, not the "Streaming" tab. I'm so used to them being the same that I didn't think about the fact that you can't stream h.265 or ProRes. :-D

This is a restriction in how OBS Studio currently works. The encoders are present in both, but only Recording shows all encoders currently.

dgatwood

This is a restriction in how OBS Studio currently works. The encoders are present in both, but only Recording shows all encoders currently.

Yeah, it makes total sense once you realize what's going on. (The way the rest of the OBS UI is organized, not so much, but... :-D )

AboveZero

Hi, Xaymar!

May be i found help here.
Im using AMD AMF H.264/AVC (via FFMPEG) for streaming at Twitch, but i have very blurry picture in FPS games at the bright scenes.
Samples you can see at my channel .
Also include log.

Please give me advice on how to set up stream for better quality.

Attachments

• 1627835952888.png
    1627835952888.png
    94 KB · Views: 239
  • 2021-08-01 23-23-24.txt
    124.6 KB · Views: 57

AboveZero

This thread is not for asking how to improve your stream quality, that is entirely on you.

I will try to rephrase.

I don`t need to improve my own stream quality by your hands, i need advice where i can find correct solution to tune up your plugin for better quality, because yours Github Wiki Guide section of Encoder FFmpeg AMF are empty, and a search on the Internet does not give specific answers which settings need to be changed and what they affect. And that is why I am asking you as a developer to guide me and users like me on the right path.

Sorry if this is a very difficult question for you, I just want to understand how this codec works correctly.

Xaymar

The manual, linked with the Open Manual button, will guide you to what settings do in some way. Since I do not design, build or create AMD or NVIDIA hardware or drivers, that is all the information I can give you, as I am not the developer of said hardware. As stated before, it is entirely on you to figure out what improves or decreases quality.

For information about the H.264 or H.265 codec, search for the codec specifications, which will explain in detail what the codec can do and how it works.

Mrwaylander

Hi, thank you for great plugin. I've some problems with h265amd ffmpeg recordings, recording in obs goes without probems, file plays nice, but when I try to rewind my file it takes around 15 sec to start play. I've noticed in hwinfo64 that my gpu video decode usage is 100% at this moment, and when it start to play its around 30% load. That appears in mpc-hc and vlc too. Haven't tried it in any other players. But other h265 mkv playing without probems and rewind is also doen't take 15 sec. What can cause such problem?

thegr812k

Found a bug with source mirror, when selecting (Scene) it doesnt pull the audio thorugh. It does on the mixer but you dont hear it in the final mix which is odd - any ideas? (i have selected the check audio box)

Status
Not open for further replies.