Resource icon

OBS Studio Stream Setup/Tutorial for Mac w/ Elgato & OBS!

OmnicientWolf submitted a new resource:

Stream Setup/Tutorial for Mac w/ Elgato & OBS! - How to stream (with or without webcam) using the Elgato Game Capture software with OBS for Mac.

Hey OBS community!

I published a new video on YouTube today regarding my specific stream setup, which also serves as a tutorial for using the Elgato Game Capture software with OBS to stream (and record), specifically for Mac. I know that there are a number of tutorials on this subject matter, but what's unique in this video is that I go through, as succinctly as possible, the steps to take to stream WITH and without a face cam. I know that quite a few people would like to include a face cam in...

Read more about this resource...

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I posted this on the original thread, but I will repeat it here for the sake of completeness (and I know an annotation was made to the video, too):

You don't need to use Camtwist to add a Syphon source to OBS, you can add it directly to OBS using Syphon source. Also, SyphonInject is included with OBS, so you don't have to download that separately, either.

Nice guide!

OmnicientWolf updated Stream Setup/Tutorial for Mac w/ Elgato & OBS! with a new update entry:

Stream Setup/Tutorial for Mac w/ Elgato & OBS (Update)!

Hello OBS community!

With OBS being updated to version 0.9.1, I felt like I needed to revise my previous stream setup/tutorial for Mac w/ Elgato & OBS (version 0.6.1).

You could find the link to the video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deCiSmpUGes

I include three ways to capture your Elgato input via both Window Capture & Display Capture with or without facecam. As @dodgepong mentioned, a fourth way of capturing the Elgato input is via EyeTV and using a syphon source. In...

Read the rest of this update entry...