Stream seems to be fine for a brief moment then starts looking very choppy

ThisIsCatalin

Hi guys, I'm quite new into the streaming industry and still yet to learn many things. I have recently started to test out OBS + Youtube streaming to see how capable the hardware of my PC is but frankly I have no clue about the settings.

While doing this testing, I have opened the Dota 2 game just to see if the stream is steady or if the CPU can handle it; Just like the title says, it seems to work fine for few seconds and then it becomes really laggy with the stream looking like static images on a slideshow rather than a smooth live action.

While the PC is not a high-end one, I still have a bit of hope left that it can somehow make it happen. I have attached a log file maybe some of you will kindly advise me? Regards.

Attachments

• 2020-12-21 21-55-15.txt
    10 KB · Views: 24

qhobbes

1. Run OBS as admin. Right click on the shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
2. Build your scene with Game/Window/Video Device Capture etc. Do not use Display Capture.
3. Your log contains no streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS as admin.
2) Start your stream for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool.