Stream Runs Perfect but it makes my Games Stutter, have FPS Drops and don't run smooth.

Jaijunn

Hi there!

Here are my specifications below:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
MOBO: ASRock B550 Steel Legend
GPU: MSI 3080 GEFORCE RTX
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RAM 3600MHZ 64GB
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 2TB M.2
PSU: Corsair 1000W Power Supply
CPU Cooler: NZXT Z73 RGB 360mm Cooler

So I'm having a bit of an issue where my stream is making my games not run as smooth, slight stutters and FPS drops.
Whenever I'm not streaming through OBS to Twitch and playing games casually, my games run like an absolute dream and perfection.
I'm still trying to get my stream to not make my games run/look weird.
I run 2 LG monitors with one of them being my main gaming monitor (both 165hz with freesync + gsync enabled).

I was using NVENC encoder and have now swapped over to x264 since games like Horizon Zero Dawn & a few other games are more CPU based than GPU based.
I do VTubing & I've unfortunately found that using NVENC makes my model via VTube Studio Lag and delay its expressions.

I was thinking of trying NVENC again and then change the tuning to low/ultra low latency but I'm not too sure if that'll make a difference.
If anyone is able to advise me on solutions or things that could potentially benefit me and my streaming content so that my games run more smoother while I stream that would be absolutely AMAZING!

I'm running on CBR 5000 bitrate, keyframe 0, cpu preset superfast, profile high, tune - none & no x264 options.
Video is 1920x1080 and FPS is 60fps.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• latesthelpfileforobs.txt
    425.8 KB · Views: 48

qhobbes

1. Enable Game Mode. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 11 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
2. Browser hardware acceleration is currently disabled. Enabling acceleration is highly recommended due to the improvements to performance and significantly lower CPU usage for browser sources. This can be enabled in Settings -> Advanced.
3. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.

If still having issues, change the refresh rate on your gaming monitor from 165 Hz to 120 Hz and cap your games at 120 FPS. If still having issues, create a new scene collection with 1 scene with only 1 game capture source, close and restart OBS. If still having issues with that, post a new log.

Jaijunn

1. Enable Game Mode. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 11 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
2. Browser hardware acceleration is currently disabled. Enabling acceleration is highly recommended due to the improvements to performance and significantly lower CPU usage for browser sources. This can be enabled in Settings -> Advanced.
3. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.

If still having issues, change the refresh rate on your gaming monitor from 165 Hz to 120 Hz and cap your games at 120 FPS. If still having issues, create a new scene collection with 1 scene with only 1 game capture source, close and restart OBS. If still having issues with that, post a new log.
I will get back to you after I next test my stream and see if these changes have helped/worked!

Thank you!

Jaijunn

Hi there just tried out what you recommended on stream tonight, when I swapped over to VALORANT from Stardew for some reason I was getting weird microstutters and all kinda of issues evolve.
I tried restarting stream and instead of making it cpu bound i did gpu and it was not having it like at all which is strange to me honestly.

I'll post and attach some files here to update.
I was playing competitive games in a very strange state where I was getting micro stutters, i wasn't getting any packetloss which is great so it sounds like to me a software and hardware issue potentially.

Attachments

• 2023-08-21 02-36-25.txt
    62.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 2023-08-21 18-07-30.txt
    978.8 KB · Views: 33

PaiSand

You should be using NVENC instead of x264 to free CPU resourses and use a better overall encoder.
Make yourself a favor and completely remove streamelements plugin. Use the unisntaller they provide, then manually delete the leftover files inside %appdata%\obs-studio\ that they left for no real reason but keeps interacting with OBS, and then uninstall OBS and reinstall it just in case another files were modified and needs to be fixed.
win-capture-audio some times causes issues too.
Unless specific needs you don't need to bindIP.

Jaijunn

You should be using NVENC instead of x264 to free CPU resourses and use a better overall encoder.
Make yourself a favor and completely remove streamelements plugin. Use the unisntaller they provide, then manually delete the leftover files inside %appdata%\obs-studio\ that they left for no real reason but keeps interacting with OBS, and then uninstall OBS and reinstall it just in case another files were modified and needs to be fixed.
win-capture-audio some times causes issues too.
Unless specific needs you don't need to bindIP.

Omg!!

I just literally did everything you said, I removed all my files for OBS and SE Live and only reinstalled just OBS alone and omg... I created another account for test streams and it works PERFECTLYY

Literally the perfect stream I could ever dream of and I just didn't ever think SE Live would be the potential problem of it all.

THANK YOU THANK YOU <3