Question / Help Stream problem

Jerich9

I need help. OBS was updated yesterday, and broadcasts began to lag. Everything is fine in the game, stable FPS, if you look in the OBS everything is fine too, no drops or lags, the CPU is loaded by about 10-12%. But if you look at the stream itself directly through Twitch, then you can see terrible lags. I tried to stream directly through Twitch, before that I streamed through Restream, it does not help. The decrease in bitrate and quality in the game itself, too. With its settings, it was perfectly streamed for almost a year, and it never happened. What could be the problem? Clumsy update of OBS? Or does Twitch begin to suffer garbage?

FerretBomb

Include a logfile from a live streaming session where the problem occurred. In OBS, you can go to Help->Log Files->Upload Current Logfile after finishing a streaming session, and paste the URL it gives you here. If you closed OBS since the last time you streamed, use 'Upload Last Logfile' instead.

Unfortunately, the word 'lag' is absolutely useless as ten different people will use it fifteen different ways. It means nothing, since it's used to describe so many different issues. We'll be happy to look over your logfile though and see if there's anything that stands out as being a problem on OBS's end.

Jerich9

Include a logfile from a live streaming session where the problem occurred. In OBS, you can go to Help->Log Files->Upload Current Logfile after finishing a streaming session, and paste the URL it gives you here. If you closed OBS since the last time you streamed, use 'Upload Last Logfile' instead.

Unfortunately, the word 'lag' is absolutely useless as ten different people will use it fifteen different ways. It means nothing, since it's used to describe so many different issues. We'll be happy to look over your logfile though and see if there's anything that stands out as being a problem on OBS's end.

nikasio14

Sorry for dump question, have you checked your internet connection / uplink/ downlink? According to logfile you have downsampling activated, OBS streams in 1600x900. Is that on purpose?

Jerich9

Sorry for dump question, have you checked your internet connection / uplink/ downlink? According to logfile you have downsampling activated, OBS streams in 1600x900. Is that on purpose?
No, but i saw that i have 0 drops, so internet is fine. 1600x900, yeah almost the same quality as 1080p, but little less.
And forgive me mine english.

Jerich9

Here, my internet.

Attachments

• Безымянный.png
    Безымянный.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 39

nikasio14

English is fine as long as everyone can communicate ^^ I live in Austria. haha =)
I didn't see the dropped frames - that makes sense.

[edit: just saw the screenshot - you have a symmetric connection? You should be able to stream in 1080p at no problem...]

Jerich9

English is fine as long as everyone can communicate ^^ I live in Austria. haha =)
I didn't see the dropped frames - that makes sense.

[edit: just saw the screenshot - you have a symmetric connection? You should be able to stream in 1080p at no problem...]
I know, but we dont have a servers in Russia, so all streams for us to watch can be buffering all the time, so 900p is like high quality but easy to load.

FerretBomb

Unfortunately to tell what the problem is, we need a log from a session where the problem happens.
It can also be a good idea to stream directly to your streaming service, rather than through restream.io to cut down on the number of potential problem points; restream.io can cause problems if their replication or connection to an endpoint fails.

No worries as far as language goes. Your English is much better than our Russian. :)

Jerich9

Unfortunately to tell what the problem is, we need a log from a session where the problem happens.
It can also be a good idea to stream directly to your streaming service, rather than through restream.io to cut down on the number of potential problem points; restream.io can cause problems if their replication or connection to an endpoint fails.

No worries as far as language goes. Your English is much better than our Russian. :)
I was streaming directly to twitch, and it was the same as streaming through Restream.io. Thanks for answers. If i will have the same problem tomorrow, i will send a log from that stream.

Jerich9

Hello again, for few days everything wasa fine but today same crap happen.
Here's logfile.
I will be happy if you'll help me.

FerretBomb

That logfile does not contain the end of the stream, which would have the statistics roll-up, only the beginning of the stream.
If you have closed OBS since stopping the stream, open it again and 'upload last log file', and paste the URL here. :)

FerretBomb

There we go!
16:19:25.355: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 565 (8.6%)
16:19:25.355: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 1725/6543 (26.4%)
You're overloading both the encoder and your GPU. Also,
16:10:25.184: - scene 'Сцена':
16:10:25.184: - source: 'Захват экрана' (monitor_capture)
16:10:25.184: - source: 'Захват окна' (window_capture)
16:10:25.184: - source: 'Захват игры' (game_capture)
You have a Monitor/Display Capture in the same scene as a Game and Window capture. Never do this. Delete the Display Capture (Захват экрана) source and put it in its own scene if you need it; Display Capture is the least performant capture method, causes conflicts with Game and Window captures, and should not be used if possible.

It is possible that having the Monitor Capture in your scene is causing all of these problems.

Rendering lag/stalls also normally are caused by your GPU being overloaded, if you are running a game without a framerate cap. There is a workaround; run OBS as Administrator (the logfile says it is not currently). This allows OBS to use the GPU first, before the game, so all its tasks are completed, then the game gets the rest.

Encoding lag normally is caused by CPU overload, but you are using NVENC. Make sure you are using the Quality preset (not Max Quality), and have both Lookahead and Psychovisual Tuning turned OFF. Those options use CUDA cores, and generally will cause NVENC encoding lag.

Again, both the Rendering Stalls and Encoding Lag could be caused entirely by having the Monitor Capture in your scene with a Game or Window capture. Remove it first and test. Doing the other fixes won't hurt, and will help keep OBS running smoothly in any case.

Jerich9

There we go!

You're overloading both the encoder and your GPU. Also,

You have a Monitor/Display Capture in the same scene as a Game and Window capture. Never do this. Delete the Display Capture (Захват экрана) source and put it in its own scene if you need it; Display Capture is the least performant capture method, causes conflicts with Game and Window captures, and should not be used if possible.

It is possible that having the Monitor Capture in your scene is causing all of these problems.

Rendering lag/stalls also normally are caused by your GPU being overloaded, if you are running a game without a framerate cap. There is a workaround; run OBS as Administrator (the logfile says it is not currently). This allows OBS to use the GPU first, before the game, so all its tasks are completed, then the game gets the rest.

Encoding lag normally is caused by CPU overload, but you are using NVENC. Make sure you are using the Quality preset (not Max Quality), and have both Lookahead and Psychovisual Tuning turned OFF. Those options use CUDA cores, and generally will cause NVENC encoding lag.

Again, both the Rendering Stalls and Encoding Lag could be caused entirely by having the Monitor Capture in your scene with a Game or Window capture. Remove it first and test. Doing the other fixes won't hurt, and will help keep OBS running smoothly in any case.
Thank you so much, i will test it now. But still dont understand, why those things cause problems only now, not earlier... Thank's again, you are awesome.

FerretBomb

Happy to help, let me know if that fixes things up!
It's one of the big problems with Monitor Capture, and points even more strongly at it being the culprit. Sometimes it works fine, even for months. Then it just... causes problems like crazy.

Jerich9

Happy to help, let me know if that fixes things up!
It's one of the big problems with Monitor Capture, and points even more strongly at it being the culprit. Sometimes it works fine, even for months. Then it just... causes problems like crazy.
Yup, it's working, thank's a lot again.