Stream fine one day, choppy every other.

Lvl1OOMudkip

HI! I'm relatively new to streaming. When I first attempted to stream, everything looked choppy (only in preview and to those watching, gameplay was unaffected). I stopped for the time being and asked my friend who regularly streams for advice. He helped with some settings and everything was working perfect! (albeit the quality). No choppiness whatsoever. I was live for 10 hours and swapped between several different games and everything was fine the entire time. The next day (and those following) I'm back to square one. Choppy no matter what I do, no matter what game I play, no matter what settings I mess with. I genuinely don't understand what happened one day to the next.

My PC is still decently new and has pretty high specs. RTX 2080, Intel i9-9900K, etc. and I super recently upgraded my internet ~400ish up ~300ish down (I am NOT hard wired) so I'm unsure as to what exactly the problem is. I went through quite a few forums looking for answers. I turned a lot of the Windows settings off like game mode and the other recording and priority things, so at this point I'm not sure where else to turn. I've cycled through bitrates, fps, quality, both in game and in OBs and not a difference anywhere.

Unfortunately, I've changed from OBS to StreamElements OBS, so the log for my 10 hour stream appears to be gone. I do have my most recent one here (I think this is it? I may have been trying to test some other settings.) https://obsproject.com/logs/UYXzXmGC1lFj8QF_ (If this ends up being useless, please let me know! I'll try to post one where it happens more.

Any help at all would be super appreciated, I'd really just like to be able to stream consistently without having to worry about it being choppy anymore. Thank you for any help!

OllieBeanz

First thing I'd try if I was you is to get your set up hard wired with an ethernet cable. That is most likely your issue. But to be thorough can you post your CPU,GPU and RAM usage during a steady stream and during a choppy one?

Lvl1OOMudkip

First thing I'd try if I was you is to get your set up hard wired with an ethernet cable. That is most likely your issue. But to be thorough can you post your CPU,GPU and RAM usage during a steady stream and during a choppy one?
I was hard wired before my internet changed, now the source is halfway through the house on a different floor, so it's a bit more complicated. I unfortunately don't have usage for a steady stream. The log for that just isn't in OBS anymore and I haven't had a stable stream since that day, every other time it's been choppy.

OllieBeanz

I'm not to familiar with OBS log files. I was more asking for your performance or process data that you can see when you hit ctl+shift+esc.

Lvl1OOMudkip

Both. A screenshot would be best.
This is what would usually be running while streaming (excluding snipping tool) Game is consuming a lot but, I was playing it amongst others without lowering their settings just fine when I had a stream with no choppiness. Choppiness stays no matter what game is played on what settings. Have been playing a game from 2002 with the same issues.

Attachments

• tasks.PNG
    tasks.PNG
    39.2 KB · Views: 38

OllieBeanz

Based off what I can see here, I'd say it's the wireless network. You can get Cat6 ethernet cable pretty cheap these days. Everything, from what I can see looks good.