Question / Help Stream Crashing mid stream

MRxEASTSIDE

Hello everyone,

I've had a problem with streaming on OBS Studio and Streamlabs OBS (SLOBS). This has been an issue since my start of streaming in May of 2019. When I stream or play a game on my PC it will run fine without no lag or any issues. Then suddenly crash, no hint towards a crash however. Every program will run fine besides gaming and streaming. I can run a game anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes then the program will crash, everything else will still be running. Streaming can go from anywhere from 1:20 minutes to 1:20 hours. There is no precise time it will crash. I'm going to run a test in a few minutes so I can attach the crash logs. I have failed to do so, just wanted to bring attention to this issue and maybe someone could have an idea. Below will be the steps I went through and still have no answers.

I have a few tech friends that had various opinions on what the issue was. Most directed it to hardware, so we've been exchanging out the hardware left and right.
We started with a PC build containing, Ryzen 5 2600x 6-core processor, Asus rock motherboard, GTX 1060 GPU, 2x8gb Viper ram (says it runs at 1063mghz), 128 patriot ssd, 2tb HDD, and a 500w power supply. (Windows 10 64bit)
Now we have Ryzen 7 3700x 8-Core, RTX 2070 super, MSI B450 Tomahawk MB, 2x8GB Viper Ram (waiting on delivery for a 2x8gb Corsair RGB Vengeance 3600mghz), 128gb SSD, 2TB HDD. (Windows 10 64bit)

After all the hardware was replaced we still have the same issues, no change what so ever. We went to software, I have uninstalled windows and reinstalled, drivers for the GPU, updated bios for the MB to the most recent (11/09/2019 is the most recent for my model), uninstalled the streaming and gaming programs and reinstalled).

Someone thought it was network based, so we moved to lightstream (Since I'm pro on mixer, I can use this software). No issues have been found. I stream for 14+ hours for multiple days without any issues. No dropped frames, no crashes, absolutely nothing has been an issue. However I'd rather run OBS studios or SLOBS since it's easier to work with and looks better.

Thank you for your time,
Tim (MRxEASTSIDE)

Like I said earlier, I will be running a test so I can attach the crash report. This will be included very soon!

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
This means your GPU crashed and reset for some reason, try disabling overclocks and ensure drivers are up to date. Future versions of OBS will recover from this kind of crash correctly.

MRxEASTSIDE

This means your GPU crashed and reset for some reason, try disabling overclocks and ensure drivers are up to date. Future versions of OBS will recover from this kind of crash correctly.

Thank you R1CH for getting back to me, however this is an ongoing issue. I've have multiple GPUs with the same response and I'm not known for overclocking. Especially since I do not know how to in general. The drivers are up to date, I actually check my settings updates and driver updates every time I turn my PC on.