Question / Help Strange Audio / Freezing Issues (only occur when streaming or recording in OBS)

arinaga

So last night I tried out streaming some Smash Ultimate, and ran into a number of bizarre issues.

The VOD is here in case you want references for these issues themselves. There are no issues until approximately 20 minutes into the stream (warning: you should probably lower your volume, one of the issues includes extremely loud static whenever I speak):
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/453164639

As I mentioned above, one of the issues I encountered was that my microphone would seemingly randomly turn into a complete mess of static. I solved this issue mid-stream by constantly unplugging my mic and then plugging it back in again.

However, there was also an issue that the sound would keep cutting in an out every couple of seconds or so. Not only this, but at the same time, my mouse cursor and audio level previews would freeze completely.

I deduced that my computer would seize up every couple of seconds or so. This only happens when I'm recording or streaming.

There are no problems with the CPU or Memory usage when streaming, both remain at around 40%-50% usage. OBS Process Priority is set to "High", and this issue occurs no matter what resolution and framerate the program is set to stream or record to. All my device drivers are up-to-date as far as I can tell, and I am using both the latest version of Windows 10 and OBS x64 (23.2.1). The microphone that I'm using works perfectly fine outside of streaming and recording within OBS, so it's not a problem with the cable, either.

Specs:
Processor is an AMD FX-6350 Six-Core, clock speed is 3.90 GHz, with 8GB of installed memory running Windows 10 (64-bit OS).

I've tried looking around everywhere for a solution to this problem, but I've found no luck anywhere. If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated since I'm a little stumped as to what to do.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2019-07-15 18-22-41.txt
    153.4 KB · Views: 79

Narcogen

18:22:41.762: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 17134 (revision: 885; 64-bit)

Windows is out of date. You should update manually if Windows Update does not fix this.

For the entirety of your streaming session, this error is appearing:

18:23:25.493: obs-browser: WebSocket connection to 'ws://127.0.0.1:6463/?v=1&client_id=207646673902501888' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED (source: https://streamkit.discordapp.com/overlay/9cb6fbed9bcdd31a7c9b.js:24)

Maybe disable the discord overlay for testing purposes?

Also, as soon as your stream starts, this error occurs, which is usually indicative of general system overload:

18:29:05.184: Max audio buffering reached!
18:29:05.184: adding 766 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 1044 milliseconds (source: Mic/Aux)
18:29:05.184:

Is your mic on the same USB controller with the capture device?

arinaga

Thank you so much for the response!! I believe that my mic and capture device are not on the same USB controller, although I could be mistaken about that, sorry for the vague response, I'm not the most tech-savvy person (as you might be able to tell haha)

As for the other solutions that you presented, I will definitely try them out! Thank you so much for the quick reply!