Question / Help Stop OBS from Creating New Link After Disconnect & Reconnect

tman383

Hi all,

I'm one of those weird storm chasers and I live stream my shenanigans for the folks back home and I'm running into issues where OBS creates a stream link, streams for a while, and when I travel into a service deadzone, it'll disconnect as expected. The issue is, when it reconnects it creates an entirely new live stream link and it abandons the old one.

Being out in the middle of nowhere Colorado or Kansas, losing connection and disconnecting when service is poor is highly expected, however, the frustrating part is it'll create a new link on Youtube every time it reconnects. By the end of the chase, I'll have at least 7 or 8 different streams that have been uploaded.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to keep it so it continues to stream on the original link/stream when it regains connection.

I've attached a few logs that may shed some light on my situation.

My mobile service provider does give me enough upload bandwidth for the most part, and it's expected that I will lose signal. Again, to solve this issue, I need to figure out how to keep OBS from creating a new live stream on Youtube every time it disconnects and reconnects, it should just pick up where I left off, even if the viewers see a frozen stream for a bit, that's okay, as long as it eventually resumes.

Attachments

• 2019-05-04 17-00-58.txt
    32.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 2019-05-06 14-13-35.txt
    50.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 2019-05-06 15-05-10.txt
    48.1 KB · Views: 26

adeyisegun

This is on YouTube's end, unfortunately you can't do anything about it.
Hello R1CH, i would like to know if there is a solution to this issue now. Its quite frustrating to keep sending my viewers new YouTube link, any time my internet goes down.