Question / Help Starting the out put fail // NVENC

oINemesisIo

Hey guys, so I've been using OBS for some time and now that Im using FTL with Mixer, I had to drop by bit rate to minimum while using x264. I've played with the setting for hours now and still cant get a good quality. Now, I noticed that OBS is using my CPU instead of my GPU, so i thought I'd give that try. So I switched to NVENC, No go. Error on launch that the stream failed. I don't get it cause Im almost certain that I've used this setting in the past. Ultimately I just need some help to get the best quality out of my setup. Ill post the last log.

Attachments

• 2018-08-20 15-00-39.txt
    48.1 KB · Views: 32

Narcogen

Laptop hardware is still relevant as OBS is using your GPU to do compositing. If you see QuickSync as an available encoder, try it and see if it works for you.

From your original post-- why did you drop bitrate? Were you dropping frames because of network, or was your CPU overloaded?

oINemesisIo

I dropped the bit rates because it drop frames by 200%. trying Quicksync now but the results are the same as x264. still have to use low bit rate.

Narcogen

Frames can drop because of GPU overload, CPU overload, or network. A complete log would show which-- the one you posted above doesn't have a session in it because it ends when you tried to use NVENC but it failed.