Source Switcher

Source Switcher 0.4.2

Petrichord

For anyone else having the same issue I was having with the positioning and everything moving to the corner, the workaround is to have a background layer behind everything in every group you put into the source switcher.

rgs

The plugin does not work properly with OBS 26.0 (64 bit Windows). With two sources, when I start OBS, it switches between them for a while and then stops. Rolling back to OBS 25.0.8 fixed the problem.

Chrixxxx

This plugin would be of immense value to me if it worked as I think it should.

This is the simple need I have (it's CRAZY it's not implemented directly in OBS yet): switch between a list of media sources (video clips of different duration) in that specific order I choose. When a media source is fully played to the end, the next one has to be played from the beginning until the end, then switch to the next (if available) and then do the same.. until the last media source of the list is played.

I thought I could use your plugin to to something like that (using the Media State Switch option).. but I can't get in any way what I need.

I check "Media State Switch" option (btw.. there's a typo in the section ... it's "media sate.. missing a T) with "Media State" parameter stopped (tried also ended) and "Switch to" = next..

The behavior of the plugin is very erratic and totally unpredictable.

Most of the time it simply does nothing (it doesn't start playing any of the media sources in the list at all)

Sometimes it starts playing a video from the list of media sources I provide (not necessarily the first.. but .. WHY ??? ) and then stops.

Sometimes it switches from one source to another.. but that's 1 time on hundreds of tries.. and when exiting the scene where the "source switcher" source is placed and then reentering the scene again it doesn't work anymore.

If media sources are placed in the same scene of the plugin.. rarely happens that it may switch, but not from the beginning of the video clip but from its current point in time (counting from the moment the scene is loaded)..

I don't know if I'm missing something and I'm using it in the wrong way.. but I can't get any predictable behavior fron it. :(

(OBS 64bit on Windows 10)

click

Hi

First of all: I like your plugin and already used it many times!

I often work in studio mode, because I need to change the visibility of some sources before presenting the scene. But because many of my source switcher scenes have to start with the first source, I wonder if it could be configured to automatically restart when it becomes visible?

It might be a similar problem as the following a few months ago:
Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to set up having the source switcher restart when it becomes visible so that I can have it switch at the same time as another source switcher? ...

Mikael Svensson

It works! I had to delete the scene-switcher source and re-do it to make it work, but it worked! Thank you so much! You just eliminated a major pain in my ass with setting the race standings overlay up every week for our Friday night races. Donation coming your way.
SouthPaw,

can you elaborate a bit more how you benefit from this plugin in your sports streaming? Just starting out with some and want to be efficient when possible :) Scores and standings weekly aresomething I want to do. I would be grateful!

@Exeldro, amazing work!!

SoMuch4Subtlety

This plugin is great!
Only thing is I'd like it to be able to restart to the first source when the source switcher becomes active/visible. maybe add a checkbox option for this?

GrumpyDog

@Exeldro Is it possible to add a delay option in the "Media State Switch" so that there could be a time delay before switching to another source?

In my example I have 3 sources that I would like to switch when it ends but I don't want them to play immediately.

Media Sate: Ended
Switch To: Next
Delay: 10sec / 10000ms

GrumpyDog

@Exeldro I am not sure if this is a bug or intentional but the Source Switcher does not inherit the original source's positioning?

How can this be fixed?

Attachments

• Sample.jpg
    Sample.jpg
    866.3 KB · Views: 69

GrumpyDog

@Exeldro I did try that before but it seems if I do it that way then the plugin doesn't detect when the scene's source media ended ):
so I cant switch on source ended.

cchausman

So I've been looking for something like this for a LONG time, but I don't know how to rebuild a program like the instructions say.
1615428284568.png

So from what I understand, I'm supposed to add that line somewhere to OBS Studio's source code, then recompile it into an executable that can run? Is there a way to make a plugin that doesn't require modifying the program itself?

ODZHYY

Hi there,
So i decided to use this plugin, to change between streamlabs (most recent dono/follow/subs/bits) txt*. sources ,but it doesnt seem to work properly with the listing.
I put the list from top (prority) to the bottom.
Code:
example:
Subscribe
Donation
Follow
Bits

But when i open obs or even continue to use it, the list switches randomly and i tried to check for the options within the plugin, it will not prioritize. And no, i have play next source, not the Random.

TonySnark

Loving this plugin so far. Having no issues with the functionality I've tested, but I can't seem to figure out how to set hotkeys as the trigger like the description says is possible.

If I understand correctly, I should be able to either set a hotkey to manually trigger the switch, or set a hotkey to switch to each source specifically, right? But I don't see any options for that in the Source Switcher properties nor anything relevant in the OBS hotkey settings menu.

What am I missing?

Exeldro

@TonySnark the hotkeys should show like this:
1616739771346.png

The bottom options are the names of the sources I added to the source switcher, setting a hotkey allows to switch to that source.