Source Switcher

Source Switcher 0.4.2

skylerskinner

I love the idea of switching sources but I am a serious loss. Here i'm no pro can some one give me set by set instructions on how to put the plug-ins IN and where I can find the source switcher in OBS. Thanks
--- Note, you should be using the 64bit version of OBS Studio for this, at least from what I can tell, it may work with other versions and if it does you may have to move a few files to different places and it should be a little obvious where ---

You have to go to the install folder for OBS, so, go to "Computer" then "C: (or whatever the letter is for the drive you have it installed on) > Program Files (for a few reasons there may be multiple Program Files folders, some with x86 or x64 or something, it will be in one of them) > OBS-studio" and then the folders inside the .zip that you downloaded should match up with the ones you see there. So, the files inside that .zip are in "data > obs-plugins > source-switcher" ("source-switcher" is an entire folder you'd need to copy) and in "obs-plugins > 64bit > ***the two files you need to copy*** "
Take those files and move them to the corresponding locations in OBS' install folder on your drive. Most of these plugins are structured like that where you just find a point where the folders/files don't match and you just copy over the new stuff.

The source switcher shows up as just another source, you can add it like you'd add any other with the plus button or right-clicking.

To add sources to it, you have to open its properties (which will open when you make it), click the plus, then type in the name of the source itself. So, if there's multiple sources with the same name it might not work, although the same source that's been duplicated seems to work, and it doesn't seem to care which scene the source is on.

If you're making your sources switch automatically with time or a trigger, the transitions between them might not work correctly right now, he's working on it.

I did all of what you put in your description above. I have OBS Studio 25.0.8 64 bit. I've the source switcher is not showing up. I think I"m doing something wrong as far as choosing the switcher. Do you have a link with images that you can send. Thank you.
lordblanca@gmail.com

gguevara

Hello,

I think I'm using this plugin the wrong way (I can't get it to work the way I want).

Here is my simple scenario.
1- Scene #1 has one video Media-Source - playing a normal video clip (16:9 full screen .mp4)
2- I manually switch to Scene #2 at the end of the video (intentionally) - I'm sure I can automatically switch once the video ends (I'll do this some other day)
3- I am only using a standard Fade Transition between scenes (500ms). This is ok.
4- Scene #2 has a few simple Sources:
a) one video Media-Source playing an animated "wallpaper" background on loop (16:9 full screen .mp4)
b) one music Media-Source playing some quite background music (short-length .mp3)
c) one webcam Source resized to a smaller 4:3 image and positioned to the side like a picture-in-picture (about a 1/4 of the size of the 16:9 full screen)
d) another video Media-Source playing a 2 second transparent Stinger transition clip (16:9 full screen .webm)
I resized and cropped the Stinger to fit over the 4:3 webcam Source (in this way, the Stinger serves as a transition for only the webcam "picture-in-picture" portion of the screen)

My issues is that when I switch into Scene #2, all the sources in the scene activate at the same time (at the start of scene). This is ok. But I am trying to look for a way to automatically time the webcam to activate 1 second later. In this way, the resized Stinger transition can play the transparent part of the clip first (during the 1st second mark) - and then the webcam can automatically activates behind it (during the 2nd second mark). The main point is that I do not want a Stinger Transition applied to the full sized 16:9 Scene #2. I only want the Stinger transition applied to the smaller 4:3 portion of the scene.

Does the Source Switcher have this ability (to switch/activate the webcam 1 second later)? You mentioned Hotkey - is that the trigger that must happen first, in order for this to work (I'm fuzzy on those instructions - help).

Otherwise, does anyone know of a different solution/approach to what I'm trying to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
gg

reflecx

Hi, can I request for a clock-based condition? That is, switching based on time (eg. 10:00am). This is for scheduled live-broadcasting use.

Fonsanders

Hi, i love this source switcher. i'm currently implementing it to do instarts from different media sources within the same scene. but i was wondering, is there a way to do any different positioning/scaling for the different video's. currently it seems that all sources that i switch to are left top linked. but that limits the options in properly positioning video's with different size ratio's and resolutions. would it be possible to keep the position and size from the original media file in the scene, instead of being a new position for the source switcher, if you know what i mean. i hope i'm clear enough on my question XD.

shaka_rodrigues

Hey! How are you all?
Well, this plugin is one of the best ever!
I just want to do something that will change my life and i wasn't able until now.

I can't get sources defined in the plugin to have diferent sizes. If i change one of them, all of the others get proporcional changes too. They're changing "in group" instead of individually.
Is there a way to do this or a way to implement this funciton?

Thank you VERY much any way!

Alright here's a challenge way outside the current scope! What about audio triggered switching? ie the holy grail of live podcasts - auto switching based on who is talking.
Understand that this would be quite complicated - there would need to be lots of different threshold adjustments - like how long someone speaks for before the switch is implemented, what to do when multiple people are speaking, etc.

But man, this would be awesome.

samvazher

Cuando vi esta herramienta me parece increíble, puedo colocar múltiples videos y parece que se reproduce perfecto, incluso el audio parece que se reproduce, pero en la transmisión no se escucha nada .... ¿alguna idea del porqué no lo hace? uso esta herramienta en un Mac

Last edited:

MisterMorgue

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to set up having the source switcher restart when it becomes visible so that I can have it switch at the same time as another source switcher? Or possibly a way to link them so that they play at the same time so long as the settings are the same?

Basically I have a source switcher set to rotate through four images that are icons representing subscribers, followers, cheer, and tips. I also have updating text sources for those same four things. I would like the image and text sources to change at the same time so that they match. Getting them to sync up at present is quite difficult as I haven't found any option that allows me to force the Source Switcher to reload when it becomes visible or to link it to another Source Switcher so that they play in time.

Hopefully that makes sense... here's a gif of what I'm trying to do. They're not perfectly synchronised, but it's the best I could get it... The images on the left are one Source Switcher, and the text is another.
fjp4raf.gif

WSwTTdK.png

MisterMorgue

Ah, I sorted out a way to sync them. I made a hotkey to toggle them going to the first source in the switcher. Still, it might be nice to have the option to link them, or to have them restart when the sources become visible.

fuzzy997

Hello,

I just installed the plugin. I'm using 6 Browser sources and the switcher works but without transition.
Source list: https://prnt.sc/tx89oo
Transition set: https://prnt.sc/tx8abl

So now the time switch is activated for 45k ms but the only transition that is working is cut. The rest trigger a black screen while the tranisition is active.
Please check here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1FBCNqxC-c

Do you know the reason why this is happening?
Thanks!

d0ped0g

Just chiming in to say I've got this same issue with transitions. Only working for me with "cut", and has a blank screen with other transition types.

I understand it's being worked on, however. If you need any extra info let me know.

Nenzo

Has anyone been able to figure out the transition problem? I see that other people on this forum are also experiencing similar issues.

Mine works when I bind the "next" and "previous" to a hotkey. However I try to transition with the other methods; time switch or media state - it just cuts, disappears fora second then switches ( just as others have described previously).