Source Record

Source Record 0.3.2

eidolon

Whenever source record is enabled(eye icon) OBS studio randomly crashes when opening up settings, or when trying to close OBS.
Im using the source record for the replay buffer and nothing else
I like the plugin but the crashing sucks.

Madmonkeyfun

My version of Source record seems to record the whole scene, not just the 1 source that I have the filter on, is that normal or have I not set it up correctly. when I first set it up, it recorded the scene, but once I started streaming it recorded everything.

jjg-ops

Hi @Exeldro,
Any chance that you drop a new download of Source Record? I noticed that the GitHub version of Source Record 0.3.0 has a couple updates (one I consider to be rather important) that occurred after the latest version available on OBS. One of the updates fixes a memory leak that I believe I am experiencing which occurs randomly (1 out of every 6 attempts or so) at stopping a recording on Windows OS. I not experienced in building from source, so you would really help me out by dropping a new download. Best regards.

picardrulez

I've installed the plugin on my m1 macbook, and I can see that the directory exists in my plugins folder post installtion, but when I open up OBS and attempt to add a filter, I do not have source record listed. Am I missing something?

daysailor

OBS recording three Full-NDI PTZ cameras - running three additional channels of Source Recording - always overloaded my MacBook M1 (frame dropping red). I added a Windows PC to my Network running NDI Video Monitor in seperate windows. Video Monitor offers a recording option. If this gives a problem on my PC, OBS on the Mac ist not affected.

Daspaddy

Thanks for the update. I was waiting for that. I've installed the ARM-Version on MacOS Ventura with latest OBS Version. But as soon as I add Source Record as a filter and switch record mode to 'Recording' OBS crashes. Can you help with that?
Logfile attached.

Thanks
Patrick

Attachments

• 2022-11-14 16-55-11.txt
    19.3 KB · Views: 32

Statman24

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? No matter how I set up "Source Record", the output MP4 file ALWAYS shows what's in PROGRAM (ie... selected scene)... not the actual source itself. Thoughts?

I set up 2 scenes, each with 1 source. The first scene and source are left alone. I've added the filter on to the second scene. I select the first scene. 2 output files are saved, but both with the same content.

I've tried putting the filter on the source and one the scene, but no success.

Last edited:

noxfox

Already posted under issues on github.

So, I have "VLC video source" WAV / MP3 / AAC / OGG audio only stream, and I want to record audio only, it works great if the source is video, but if it is audio only it doesn't write a file.

Is it possible to add audio only mode and write WAV, MP3, AAC, FLAC file?

I want to capture a stream from my phone from LANmic app on android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.portable.lanmic

Here are some regular internet radio streams for testing:

http://ice1.somafm.com/defcon-128-mp3
http://ice1.somafm.com/groovesalad-128-aac

Thanx!

Chewbert

I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but my performance is TERRIBLE when using this plugin no matter what settings I have tried. I'm on the 0.3.1 version for OBS 28.1 and cannot get it to give me more than 2-3 frames per second as well as the recording will cut randomly in the middle of the clip, losing 20-30 seconds after it in my test clips despite the original OBS recording looking fine?
I'm running an R9 7950x and a RTX 3080, so it couldn't be a hardware limitation. Any ideas?

DrewSunn

Is it possible to pause the recording rather than full-on stopping it? I would like streams to be one long file rather than clumps but also while cutting out pee breaks.

DaveP

For what its worth - I have found setting audio down to 44.1k got rid of crackling audio but when I add soruce mirror or too many cameras it is back...

monoespacial

Hey, can anyone help me understand how this is supposed to work? I just want ONE recording of only my gameplay. I don't want to record the overlay. I've added the "source filter" to the game capture source but it's also recording the overlay and there's 2 recordings going on at the same time. The "obs" recording and the "source filter" recording.

I just want one recording total, that ignores all the overlays and sounds and what not.

GuiThink

Hello,

I use this plugin to record my Gaming View separatly. I wish I could record only the Game sound and not both Game sound + Mic sound.
For some reasons I cannot make this work in the plugin. I've researched some online tutorial regarding this and found out Youtubers I've watched also confessed they could not make it work either.

Any idea how to do this because from the plugin UI it should be possible.

Example :
I record Game View, when I configure the filter as "on recording" I then click on "Different audio" and then select Audio Track "Track 1" (don't know what it really changes to be track 1 or 6 to be honest). Then I chose my Audio channel that corresponds to the game sound by typing the name of the channel just like it's named in the audio control/mixing panel of OBS.
Then I try to record and I get both game and mic sound :/

Any idea ?

Maxter1o2

The plugin works great however have a glaring issue, I setup the source and it works great for recording however when I close OBS and try to open it doesn't launch. After I setup the filter on a source using this plugin.
OBS will kinda half run ie it will run a process but the program itself will not be useable no UI, now if I force close OBS (task Manager) delete the plugin and relaunch OBS it will work fine like nothing was ever wrong. Go back to the source remove the filter since has no reference.

Now I readd the plugin then launch OBS (which launches fine) set the filter again it works great for that session till I close OBS then I need to go through the process again to get obs back up and running ie deleting plugin, launching OBS, removing the filter (Source Record 0.3.1)
assigned to sources.

This is with source-record-0.3.1-windows (there is no launching errors for OBS)

TheOGMangoMan

Hello,

I use this plugin to record my Gaming View separatly. I wish I could record only the Game sound and not both Game sound + Mic sound.
For some reasons I cannot make this work in the plugin. I've researched some online tutorial regarding this and found out Youtubers I've watched also confessed they could not make it work either.

Any idea how to do this because from the plugin UI it should be possible.

Example :
I record Game View, when I configure the filter as "on recording" I then click on "Different audio" and then select Audio Track "Track 1" (don't know what it really changes to be track 1 or 6 to be honest). Then I chose my Audio channel that corresponds to the game sound by typing the name of the channel just like it's named in the audio control/mixing panel of OBS.
Then I try to record and I get both game and mic sound :/

Any idea ?
Hey! Turn off your track in the Source Record Separate Audio section. What a track in OBS does is groups the audio sources you've assigned to each track in the advanced sound settings. When you add the track into the source record filter, it's going to add all the sounds you've assigned to that track into the recording. For what you want is "None" under the first drop down and then just the mic source or whatever single source you want under the second.

AriesL9

Please add "Allow transparency" since im using app thats linked to game scene and it shows the background :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 28