Source Record

Source Record 0.3.2

Taironzen

@Exeldro

Hello i dont know if you will read this but in 28 version the source record is crashing the recording even if is still on and that is because of the game performance and i was using the old nvenc not the new one and i dont know why it stoping my recoding when is to much lag in the recording because before it didnt happen at all like that well i think is because off my pc.

If you wish to share your progress on source record it will be really nice because i dont know how is the progress on it.

Is been 7 months since a update and i will not rush you on this i just want to know the progress on it

halserach

Useful plugin, but be careful when use it. My last project was almost scrapped because some cameras weren't recorded, or instead recording the source it copied the scene which OBS records.

Always have contingency plan in case it bugs a lot.

Taironzen

Useful plugin, but be careful when use it. My last project was almost scrapped because some cameras weren't recorded, or instead recording the source it copied the scene which OBS records.

Always have contingency plan in case it bugs a lot.
yeah i had to download my twitch stream and use the camera from the stream for my gameplay but i give up on this plugin because is using like almost all the time 30% cpu usage for only 2 videos to records on old nvenc so i stream and record at the same time with no overlays and only sounds for my viewers can use and troll me with a twitch extension because i like to get trolled but not to much plus is not recoding the sounds from my stream when i record so is fine atleast they have something to use on my stream

owenagius

Hi I use virtual camera on zoom to share some videos, but the problem is when I press record, the only thing recorded is the video from the virtual camera. Is there a way to record the whole meeting along with video being shown from the virtual camera?

HSNBRG

Hi, I just saw the video from Michael Feyrer Jr. on YouTube about Source Record. I tried to install it on MacOS Monterey 12.6 running OBS 28.0.3. But after a successful installation process, I don't have the option in Filters to add the Source Record option. I checked the forum and tried to search for answers both here and on Google. So I'm sorry if this is already discussed somewhere.

WaveSmash

Will this support NVENC AV1 on the 40 series cards? Source Record is almost unusable for me on the 3070 Ti because I'm out of NVENC slots, and the 40 cards will have more. Plus AV1 is just better.

Monster Abe

This plugin does 99% of what I would like it to do. However, there is one thing I'm curious to know if there are plans to implement: Richer controls for multiple audio tracks to a single recording.

Consider the following scenario. I'm playing a game with friends in Discord voice chat. I'm streaming the game plus a webcam. My visual sources are my webcam and the game. Assuming I have the proper hardware/software combination that allows me to separate my audio into channels, I have a game audio channel, a voice chat channel, and my microphone as an input device. At this point, I can put a source record filter on my game capture and my webcam separately. The game source record can take the game audio. The webcam source record can take my microphone as it's audio source.

I don't believe I have an option to include my voice chat audio in either of my recordings without clobbering multiple audio sources into a single track. I can't edit that in post, so it's not an ideal solution. There are workarounds I can do, like using Audacity to record the voice chat to it's own file, but involving another program is a hassle. I could add a third source record filter on a dead/empty source for just audio, but that would add a fourth encoder session (1-stream, 2-game source record, 3-webcam source record).

Does this make sense? Or have I overlooked a blatantly simple solution to this kind of problem? Is this a unique problem to have? Any input would be appreciated!

Javier Martinez

Hi, I just saw the video from Michael Feyrer Jr. on YouTube about Source Record. I tried to install it on MacOS Monterey 12.6 running OBS 28.0.3. But after a successful installation process, I don't have the option in Filters to add the Source Record option. I checked the forum and tried to search for answers both here and on Google. So I'm sorry if this is already discussed somewhere.
Hi! I have the same problem. The plugin is installed correctly but nothing is shown.

Felidire

not for me. If I use NVEN h.264 i get my camera and everything else on screen. can you double check that. I mean it record but if you open up your camera or any other images, text or what ever does the source only record the source or does it record everything on screen ?
It does the same for me. Using:
* Windows 11
* OBS 28.0.3(x64)
* GTX1050 (can't wait to grab something decent, GPU prices have been stupid for too long).

I tested the quality of each encoder:

CBR @40,000kbps

Software = QUALITY = 6/10; very noisy, but slight anti-aliasing
NVENC = QUALITY = 4/10; fuzzy/blurry
SVT-AV1 = doesn't work
AOM AV1 = doesn't work

NVIDIA NVENC H.264 = QUALITY = 8.5/10; closest to HD recording, but may crash stream + all sources visible + some dropped frames
NVIDIA NVENC HEVC = doesn't work + weird stereoscopic crap
x264 = QUALITY = 5/10; noisy + slight blur

VBR 40,000kbps / CQP 16
Software = 4/10 - Artifacting, but slightly better than x264
NVENC = 6/10 - Somewhat blury, not too bad.
NVIDIA NVENC H.264 = 9.5/10 - I think this is just imitating the "start recording" button; identical file size + all scenes included in recording.
x264 = 3/10 - Nasty artifacting

Really wish I could get NVIDIA NVENC H.264 to work, because I'm pretty sure it's just functioning as the standard record button would. None of the other options seem ideal.

ennecke

Hi, i am not sure, if I am right here, i have a newby question:
I have set up Source Record, everything works fine to record my two webcams in two seperate files.
I do NOT need the additional file that is recorded from the main screen of obs.
Is it possible to turn this off, so you only get the files from the two source record plugin instances?
I ask this because my system ist not so highly equipped, and i have to safe every resource.

mbrsports1

Will there be an update that allows this to work with the apple silicon instal of obs? I cannot get it to work with that, but if I install the apple intel version of OBS it is fine.

I have been using the advanced scene switcher to auto toggle the source record filter on/off recording when I am switching between specific scenes. Sometimes it is stuck to keep recording after disabling the filter which then leads to OBS crashing. I am recording at NVENC.

chuhei

I personally have been trying something new, when recording a source, only 8-bit is outputted, I wonder if there are something I can do so I can use my cpu better.

spdyvkng

Source Record looks incredibly useful. However, on my M1 MacBook Pro running OBS 28, it does not show up as a filter after installing it. Is this a known issue? Is there a timeline for M1 Mac support?

Thank you!

Jim
Seems Exeldro hasn't gotten around to that one, he has a lot of plugins, so let's hope he'll find the time to update this :)

Madmonkeyfun

Hi, Just recently started using this plugin and I am trying to record my Xbox source along with audio, I have managed to figure out that I can add the audio source from OBS and this works but there is a noticeable delay in the audio, it's a couple of seconds behind. do you have any plans to add an audio delay function in the settings for the plugin?

Xyrael

all i want this holiday season is for this god send of a plugin to be updated for NVIDIA NVENC support... for all that you do for this community @Exeldro many thanks and steady on <3