Source Record

Source Record 0.3.2

Fisk31

Anyone able to figure out the Replay Buffer? I clicked the check mark on the Replay Buffer and set the time, had hotkeys setup for Source Record visible and hidden, and had Replay Buffer from OBS on. However, when I turn the Source Record on and off, it doesn't do the replay buffer time limit I have set.

youjiman

Anyone able to figure out the Replay Buffer? I clicked the check mark on the Replay Buffer and set the time, had hotkeys setup for Source Record visible and hidden, and had Replay Buffer from OBS on. However, when I turn the Source Record on and off, it doesn't do the replay buffer time limit I have set.
You gotta set a hotkey for save replay, which you can find at hotkeys settings only while the filter is visible. Changing a visibility of the filter is just to start and end the replay buffer.

Fisk31

You gotta set a hotkey for save replay, which you can find at hotkeys settings only while the filter is visible. Changing a visibility of the filter is just to start and end the replay buffer.
I figured it out, thank you.

However, is there a way to make it so you can not only save multiple replays, but be able to have the newest replay play on the same media source? The Native OBS Replay Buffer allows that, but I can't find it to be possible with the Source Record at the moment.

At the moment I have it so the replay file saves as the same name every time without the date, so it just replaces the same replay file. This works, but the downside is I can't save multiple replays if I wanted to do something like a "highlight montage" at the end of a stream.

youjiman

I figured it out, thank you.

However, is there a way to make it so you can not only save multiple replays, but be able to have the newest replay play on the same media source? The Native OBS Replay Buffer allows that, but I can't find it to be possible with the Source Record at the moment.

At the moment I have it so the replay file saves as the same name every time without the date, so it just replaces the same replay file. This works, but the downside is I can't save multiple replays if I wanted to do something like a "highlight montage" at the end of a stream.
This is an another plugin that makes to do that. This plugin is made by the same person by Source Record.

This filter will updates a media source file path when there is a new media file in a specific folder.

Thomahawk

Hello, I've watched a video walking me through setting up this plugin so i can stream gameplay with overlays and use this plugin to record only the gameplay without the overlays. The issue is I have zero audio in the final video of only gameplay. I have spent over an hour researching for a solution. Can anyone help me?

bruco1987

hello, I hope you can help me. I would like to save the replay buffer of two Sources separately, I activated the replay buffer via the plugin menu, I set the keyboard shortcuts, I put "always" but when I press the shortcut buttons, nothing is saved for any of the two sources

boloshon

Hi, is there a workaround somewhere to get a status check of the recordings? I mean like a scene, a light, a dashboard, to say : this filter (source-record) is active. I'm using it for 3 cameras recording, and would like to be able to say it's recording at once without checking the folder. I've looked into touch portal but couldn't find a way to say "if filter is active, then..."

mbree

Hi,

I found out that my audio is not in sync while going further in to the recording.
Is there something i should look in to or what settings to use to avoid this issue.

Someone with the same problem, how did you fix it?

Regards

@retsofaj I made it for video sources, but I might get it it working for audio only sources too at a later moment.
adding an option for when to record should be possible, let me add that to my todo list
recording:
  • no recording
  • always
  • when program recording
  • when program streaming
  • when program streaming or recording
Something like these options might work instead of the record checkbox.
Hi there
I'm wondering if you still plan to have a feature to record audio only? It would be most welcome!
Love your plugin

Skillybelly

OK, now I kind of know what's happening.

So I have a Video Capture Device on Source Record, specifically an Elgato HD60+.

Sometimes, I Deactivate the source while recording to kind of 'refresh' it, since there's some stuttering at times. However, when I do this, it seems that is when Source Record kind of weirds out and doesn't exactly stop recording, but rather just gets confused and gets stuck. Even after I re-activate the device, unless I exit OBS, make it crash, and re-open it, the source record doesn't continue.

Might file this in the github later, although the repo seems kind of dead...
I have the same issue that when activating source record OBS get stuck on recording and when stopping recording it stuck. It was working perfectly but i have no clue what happend. Did you get any help`?

Gaddes

Does anyone know if there's a way to record with the Source Record filter, but to have multiple audio tracks on the recording? I have both mic audio and game audio, but want to keep them separate for editing purposes, but only see an option to pick either one or a track with combined audios...

RadicalRalph

Does anyone know if there's a way to record with the Source Record filter, but to have multiple audio tracks on the recording? I have both mic audio and game audio, but want to keep them separate for editing purposes, but only see an option to pick either one or a track with combined audios...
Man, I created an account just to ask for this exact feature. I have the Source Record filter set to record as soon as I start streaming, and it's working extremely well, but only being able to record a single audio track means editing audio in the recording after the fact to balance between multiple sources (game, voice chat, my own mic) isn't going to happen.

I've found a workaround, but it's a cumbersome, clunky mess.
  1. I have gameplay audio set to play on tracks 1 and 2, voice chat audio set to play on tracks 1 and 3, and my mic set to record on tracks 1 and 4.
  2. My Source Record filter for the actual gameplay video is using audio track 1, with the main scene as the audio source, with Record Mode set to Streaming, and with 'gameplay_' prepended to the filename.
  3. I take a static image that I had placed in the scene, and add three Source Record filters to it, all with Record Mode set to Streaming, each with a unique filename, all with a low-bitrate CPU encode, each set to a different audio source: The first is set to the gameplay audio and listens on track 2, the second is set to voice chat audio and listens on track 3, and the third is set to my microphone and listens on track 4.
This results in four files: A gameplay video with all audio already mixed together, which I can upload directly if there are no audio issues, and three static-image videos that start at the same time (and thus are already synchronized), one with each audio source. If I need to edit audio for a section, I can do so with the static-image videos, and put that audio over the gameplay video.

It's a really dumb process, but at least it works. However, I'm also new to streaming and only using a single scene at the moment; I don't know how well this method would tolerate switching scenes.

norihiro

why does it crashes in the obs music edition?
Maybe it is because MAX_AV_PLANES in Music Edition is different from the plain OBS Studio. MAX_AV_PLANES affects structure of video frame (struct video_data so that Source Record compiled with the plain OBS cannot receive video frames properly.

TALENTCRAZY

Hi, my mic audio is out of sync with the webcam/gameplay, any suggestion?

Or maeby you can share with me your settings.

I`m trying to source record a second scene that is composed by a webcam and the main scene.

TitaniaDioxide

This is exactly the feature I'm looking for too. Same thing - Game audio and mic audio, separated for editing purposes.

I also have the complication of timelapses - if I record the audio separately from the video and combine them in editor, then the audio doesn't change speeds along with the video in editor (not possible to fix in my editor).

So I'd love to be able to output a .mkv with multiple audio tracks like OBS can do natively.

DarkJedi

I would love to have the ability to pause the recording at the same time we pause the main recording, either via a hotkey or just clicking the pause in OBS.