Source Record

Source Record 0.3.2

My Name Jeff

I'm having an issue, once i'm done recording sometime not all the time i get an Oops OBS crashed error. Thankfully i don't lose any of my recorded content.

trentknox

I'm not sure if I see a thread here in regard to this use case.

I'm adding the filter to multiple scenes to capture separate sources full screen.

When I do that it only records the active scene.

Is it able to record inactive scenes or sources?

OtterNas3n

I'm gonna shoot my shot one more time. Can you apply this filter to a scene instead of a source and record that? I have tried and it only records the scene that is actively showing (Doesnt even have the filter on it). Reason is I stream in ultrawide so it creates black bars on top and bottom. I have raised my gameplay up to only show the bottom 3rd which I use for information. I have a scene that has the gameplay centered and that is what I want to record. If I just do the source on the main scene it would record but have a huge black bar on the bottom...Any help is greatly appreciated
If you use NVENC (new) for your main stream/record and set the Source Record to the same, it will always Record your Global Output.
Use a different Encoder in the Source Record filter, NVENC (new) is still broken in the Plugin

My Name Jeff

im not using NVENC (new), i have source record for my video capture device & game capture, i've turned down the settings for the default video output, not point since i'm not going to use that recording. And yea it still pops up right after i end record, but like i said lucky i don't lose my recordings.

Zekira

I'm having an issue, once i'm done recording sometime not all the time i get an Oops OBS crashed error. Thankfully i don't lose any of my recorded content.

Same, except I am losing my recorded content, at least through Source Record. I'm not sure if there's some compatibility issues going on with the latest OBS and Source Record, but there's definitely something up. Wasn't ilke this before. I checked the file before closing OBS, and it stays stuck at 0 bytes, as if OBS never actually finalizes writing that file.

This is actually the problem I was describing in https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-crashing-on-exit-output-files-being-incomplete.154532/ and now I'm not sure if it's an OBS thing or Source Record bugging out.

My Name Jeff

Same, except I am losing my recorded content, at least through Source Record. I'm not sure if there's some compatibility issues going on with the latest OBS and Source Record, but there's definitely something up. Wasn't ilke this before. I checked the file before closing OBS, and it stays stuck at 0 bytes, as if OBS never actually finalizes writing that file.

This is actually the problem I was describing in https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-crashing-on-exit-output-files-being-incomplete.154532/ and now I'm not sure if it's an OBS thing or Source Record bugging out.

you are sending them to a different folder ain't you, because they will override each other and you'll lose them. You could change the name in "filename formatting" in the source record filter so that wont happen as well.

Zekira

you are sending them to a different folder ain't you, because they will override each other and you'll lose them. You could change the name in "filename formatting" in the source record filter so that wont happen as well.

It's a different folder. What happens is that for example, I'm gonna record for like 4 hours, but the Source Record will only have up until maybe 12 minutes or 1 hour, and the file only gets written after I finish with the crash prompt; like even if I end the Source Record's trigger, the file writing process doesn't finish at all until I make OBS crash. So basically some hiccup happening during the Source Record somewhere, getting stuck and can't proceed further.

Zekira

OK, now I kind of know what's happening.

So I have a Video Capture Device on Source Record, specifically an Elgato HD60+.

Sometimes, I Deactivate the source while recording to kind of 'refresh' it, since there's some stuttering at times. However, when I do this, it seems that is when Source Record kind of weirds out and doesn't exactly stop recording, but rather just gets confused and gets stuck. Even after I re-activate the device, unless I exit OBS, make it crash, and re-open it, the source record doesn't continue.

Might file this in the github later, although the repo seems kind of dead...

My Name Jeff

For me Exeldro thinks its the graphics thread is still outputting frames while the output has stopped, is why it crashes but i don't know if that is the plugin fault or OBS or my PC.

Bank_CW

while using source record in replay buffer mode, I'm not getting audio with my clips.
not sure if i'm needing to add a source or if the source i add would be from the game and not the replay

1647288194961.png

Bank_CW

while using source record in replay buffer mode, I'm not getting audio with my clips.
not sure if i'm needing to add a source or if the source i add would be from the game and not the replay

View attachment 81739
Solved my issue, was needing to add an audio source and track 1 to get my audio to playback... Awesome Plugin/Filter.

botsandmagic

Hello!

I am very sorry if this has already been addressed but I just started using the plug in and so far it's amazing! The problem is that I did a 3 hour stream and it only recorded 2 hours of it. I don't know if the plug in crashed or if there's a time limit? In any case not sure if there's a fix to prevent this from happening or specific settings I should use so that it records everything? Thank you!

Rdelaura

If you use NVENC (new) for your main stream/record and set the Source Record to the same, it will always Record your Global Output.
Use a different Encoder in the Source Record filter, NVENC (new) is still broken in the Plugin
JESUS Thank you!

amandryka

I'm using source record filters to record my google meet or discord call windows with all participants showing.

I use the Virtual Camera mode on my source record settings.

It was working alright, but recently I'm getting weird behaviour, basically no recording created anymore, and OBS freezes when I stop virtual camera.

Here is how the filter parameter window looks like when virtual camera is triggered (this triggers OBS to freeze too).

OBS Source Record params.jpg

You'll also find my log file in attachment below.

Here are some fishy log lines when virtual camera is triggered:

10:36:34.260: DShow: HDevice::ConnectPins: failed to connect pins (0x8004022A):
10:36:37.840: [obs-websocket] new client connection from [::ffff:127.0.0.1]:58214
10:36:38.704: [AMF] <Id: 3> Unable to set converter transfer characteristic, error AMF_NOT_FOUND (code 11)
10:36:38.742: [AMF] <Id: 4> Unable to set converter transfer characteristic, error AMF_NOT_FOUND (code 11)
10:36:43.998: Virtual output started
10:36:44.001: ==== Virtual Camera Start ==========================================
10:36:44.044: [AMF] <Id: 5> Unable to set converter transfer characteristic, error AMF_NOT_FOUND (code 11)
10:36:44.050: [AMF] [H264]<Id: 5> <Plugin::AMD::EncoderH264::SetResolution> Failed to set to 2x2, error AMF_OUT_OF_RANGE (code 5)
10:36:44.089: [AMF] <Id: 6> Unable to set converter transfer characteristic, error AMF_NOT_FOUND (code 11)
10:36:44.095: [AMF] [H264]<Id: 6> <Plugin::AMD::EncoderH264::SetResolution> Failed to set to 2x2, error AMF_OUT_OF_RANGE (code 5)
10:36:44.140: [AMF] <Id: 7> Unable to set converter transfer characteristic, error AMF_NOT_FOUND (code 11)
10:36:44.146: [AMF] [H264]<Id: 7> <Plugin::AMD::EncoderH264::SetResolution> Failed to set to 2x2, error AMF_OUT_OF_RANGE (code 5)
10:36:44.190: [AMF] <Id: 8> Unable to set converter transfer characteristic, error AMF_NOT_FOUND (code 11)
10:36:44.196: [AMF] [H264]<Id: 8> <Plugin::AMD::EncoderH264::SetResolution> Failed to set to 2x2, error AMF_OUT_OF_RANGE (code 5)
10:36:44.240: [AMF] <Id: 9> Unable to set converter transfer characteristic, error AMF_NOT_FOUND (code 11)

This goes ad lib until virtual camera is stopped.

Note that the virtual camera itself behaves normally during the call.

Please let me know if you have an idea where to look.

I'm on OBS 27.2.4, and Source Record 0.3.0.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 2022-04-06 10-36-32.txt
    64.7 KB · Views: 15

Enma

I've been a big fan and user of this plugin since launch, I used to be able to trigger the save replay buffer function of this plugin using the "trigger hotkey with name" fuction from TouchPortal, which was great because it meant I didn't need to assign an actual key to do it, but it suddenly doesn't work anymore. I can make it trigger if I assign an actual key and then press that key, and even though that works now whenever I do that the recording that comes out is waaay after the time when I press the key which is kind of an issue.

amandryka

I'm using source record filters to record my google meet or discord call windows with all participants showing.

I use the Virtual Camera mode on my source record settings.

It was working alright, but recently I'm getting weird behaviour, basically no recording created anymore, and OBS freezes when I stop virtual camera.

Here is how the filter parameter window looks like when virtual camera is triggered (this triggers OBS to freeze too).

View attachment 82497

You'll also find my log file in attachment below.

Here are some fishy log lines when virtual camera is triggered:

This goes ad lib until virtual camera is stopped.

Note that the virtual camera itself behaves normally during the call.

Please let me know if you have an idea where to look.

I'm on OBS 27.2.4, and Source Record 0.3.0.

Thanks.
Okay, I started digging into AMF troubleshooting, and found instructions here: https://www.tfrecipes.com/details/aHR0cHM6Ly9ibG9naW5vcy5jb20vYW1kLWVuY29kZXItaW4tb2JzLw==/
Turned out the encoder setting was set to software in the Simple mode tab, which I didn't see since I had moved to the Advanced mode tab.

ASchneider

Hello @Exeldro! How are you today?

Sorry to bother you but I was extensively trying to use this plugin without success and found a problem that I can reproduce 100% of the time. If I set the path to the recording file, OBS doesn't startup anymore, I have to manually remove the filter from the JSON config file in order to make it to boot again. There are no crash logs, OBS just doesn't start anymore after a shutdown.

I've found that If I just add the filter and do not set anything, this problem does not happens anymore, but the moment I set a path, it happens again. I've noticed that adding the filter with the default config, there are no path info in the JSON file, it assumes I want to use my default videos system folder and the plugin works great, it spits out the file there (d:/Videos/).

This is what the real time log shows up, not sure why those backslashes are different. I set the plugin to record the same time as I start recording the main OBS output:

Code:
undefine13:12:00.507: ==== Recording Start ===============================================
13:12:00.507: [ffmpeg muxer: 'adv_file_output'] Writing file 'G:/Vídeos/OBS/MuvRH/2022-05-03 13-12-00.mkv'...
13:12:00.510: ---------------------------------
13:12:00.510: [FFmpeg aac encoder: 'Source Record'] bitrate: 128, channels: 2, channel_layout: 3
13:12:00.510:
13:12:00.514: [ffmpeg muxer: 'Source Record'] Writing file 'D:\Vídeos/test 2022-05-03 13-12-00.mkv'...
13:12:00.517: save_or_load_event_callback 1, 1198450969
13:12:00.517: obs save event
13:12:00.577: [ffmpeg muxer: 'Source Record'] Writing file 'D:\Vídeos/test 2022-05-03 13-12-00.mkv'...d

The moment I add the path, again, it shows up in the JSON config file and that's when my OBS does not starts up anymore.

Thank you.

Feherlofia

Don't want to complain, but the plugin simply doesn't work with the latest OBS version 27.2.4. It records corrupt MP4 files, the only format that actually works is MKV, but it doesn't record to separate sources, only the main scene.
I've tried every possible setup without any success. I'm aware of the NVENC error, so that's not the issue. The youtube video shows a variation where you set the plugin for the scene and it saves separate video files according to the sources. That doesn't work either.
Honestly why this feature has to be a separate plugin? It's so trivial...

ZeroExcuse

Hey @Exeldro may I request a feature for this plugin?
Can you add a feature to where the recordings split after a certain amount of time?

For example, after an hour it splits the recording and starts a new one automatically?

boloshon

Hi ! I have a bit naive question. I came back to obs thanks to the release of this plugin (thanks!). I just want to do a multicam where each file is recorded separately so it's perfect. I'm using a Mac Mini M1 2020.
So, I'm testing a lot of unstable stuff at the same time (including my knowledge) and trying to find the working settings to have a good video quality : OBS is not built specially for M1, this plugin is still quite new, me too.
I get quite often a CPU warning saying I should change my settings (which is what I'm trying to do).
My question is : is it a real warning or is OBS "thinking" the CPU usage is strange because it considers I'm only recording one source (when the plugin is also recording 2 others without "its" knowledge?)