Source Copy

Source Copy 0.2.3

Lawrence_SoCal

Much appreciated. I'm looking forward to seeing this mature.
Does this already check for groups [I think I'm phrasing this right] within a scene not being in the target Scene Collection?
It would be nice to have a list of caveats - ie what can and can not be copied, or what the expected behavior is when copying something that isn't set up on another scene collection, possibly on a different PC

Videobuff

Another super plugin! Thank you! I'm wondering if it could be updated to save, copy and paste an entire "Scene Collection" as well? That would be really awsome and allow me to make backup's of entire Scene collections :)

Videobuff

Very good point and something I overlooked. I was too focused on the Source Copy you created, which is great! Thanks!

neilis

Wonderful plugin, essential to production!
Just wondering about duplicate names: loading a scene named "xyz", after you create a new "xyz", gives you two scenes with the same name. Since OBS itself prevents you to do such thing, might this cause some kind of crash in the future?

jumanjaydazed

Exeldro submitted a new resource:

Source Copy - Copy and paste scenes, sources and filters on clipboard

Read more about this resource...
Awesome...saves a ton of time. Just a heads up, or I'm an idiot and can't figure it out..... is there a way to copy mic/aux fliters, not audio input? I couldn't find a way to do it, other than adding a new audio input source, copy mic filters, paste them into the new audio input and then save them individually

Vaesive

Is this incompatible with OBS 27? I'm following along with the video and neither loading or pasting does anything.

Vaesive

I saved the scene I wished to duplicate, renamed the scene then loaded the json file and it finally did load the scene properly. However, it is all references to the the original scene so it's no different than using "duplicate scene" in default OBS which I believe is not the intended outcome.

@Exeldro What do you want me to paste in notepad, exactly?

Vaesive

Maybe I misunderstood the use of the plugin? I thought I'd be able to copy/paste an entire scene and make minor adjustments while within the same Scene Collection. Sort of like having a "template" scene to use as a skeleton. Is this not true?

Vaesive

Yeah, something is goofy; either I have a conflict with something, am confused as to how this plugin should work or something isn't working right.

What is the expected outcome out this workflow?
  1. Create a "Template" scene with a group that has various text fields/images/whatever inside it.
  2. Save the "Template" scene.
  3. MOVE all the items in the group outside of the group of the Template scene.
  4. Rename the Template scene to something like "Original"
  5. Load in the saved "Template" scene.
I would have expected the saved file would have the group with the items inside it but when you load it in it's just a scene named "Template" that has a group that is empty inside.