Source Clone

Source Clone 0.1.4

Zrechkon

I think this may be causing a form of memory leak or something- Ever since I installed it, I've been experiencing severe crashes if OBS is open for any period of time- (not nessicary recording or streaming, simply open). I'd really appreciate if someone would be willing to help discuss and look into this with me, and if there's anything I can provide to help, please let me know. Thank you.

Zrechkon

Sadly, I cannot- these crashes get my entire PC, not just OBS- so there's no chance for it to create any log file

When I experience a crash; all of my monitors flick to black for serval seconds moment, I hear a couple "Disconnecting" then "reconnecting" sfx (as if removing and reinserting a USB), then after roughly 10 seconds, my monitors return, but everything is frozen and I cannot input anything, not even audio (eg, talking into a mic for a discord call). I will still hear sounds from the PC for about 15 seconds- until everything locks and I'm forced to hit the power button.

I originally thought it was a video driver issue, but I've run DDU and done clean installs- trying Nvidia's "Game" and "Studio" driver builds respectively.

jfrizl

I've noticed on the latest OBS update (29.1.0) when moving between scene collections that if a source clone has the same name it will add a 2 to the end of the name. Has anyone else had this issue? I went back to 29.0.2 and the issue is gone. However, if I go to the advanced audio properties, there is still an instance of the source clone from the previous scene collection showing. Not sure if this is a bug or not but wanted to ask.

BobbyJones

Looks like the Source Clone does not play together with your Move Transition plugin. When switching from scene1 to scene2, where both have the same scene, the Move Animation only works when using the original Scene Element. If scene1 is using "orignal_scene" and scene2 using your clone elment also namend "original_scene clone", Animation is not "transitioned".

IGA

Hey there, Exeldro!

So, I'm currently in the middle of freeing my OBS profile from anything and everything StreamFX now that you've been putting out plugins that greatly resemble its features.

I have a few special use-cases here for Source Clone, and I've encountered an issue.

So, one thing I did enjoy about StreamFX was that, unlike an Embedded Scene, Source Mirror (StreamFX) would maintain the quality of all assets within a Mirrored Scene when scaling up the Mirror.

Source Clone seems to lack this.

So, for instance...

- Scene 1 contains a scaled-down instance of my Web Cam on the bottom right corner.
- Scene 2 contains a Source Clone of Scene 1
- In Scene 2, I use your Move Source plugin to manipulate the Source Clone of Scene 1 to zoom into the camera. In doing so, the camera's quality is completely butchered.

I don't know if this makes sense, but StreamFX would maintain the original quality of my camera even in the Mirror so that when it was zoomed into, the camera/game cap/whatever maintained its quality.

You may be asking, "why not just do all this in Scene 1?". Good question, but again I have a special use-case where a particular sequence of events requires this setup, and I don't wanna blow up this post trying to explain it haha!

Last edited:

IGA

@IGA when you set Video Buffer to None you should have what you are asking for.
Oh, wow, wait. That DOES work, however it ONLY works if I do not apply a crop (Alt+Left Click on borders of Source) to the Source Clone.

It completely slipped my mind, but that's exactly how StreamFX's Source Mirror worked as well. Thank you for jogging my memory!

Out of curiosity, why is clarity removed if the Clone/Mirror is manually cropped at all?

LeBlux

the cloned source is replicating the filter from the original source ...
obs 29.0.2
last version of the source clone
not sure why

I guess I use it the wrong way !! I get it now

King42

the cloned source is replicating the filter from the original source ...
obs 29.0.2
last version of the source clone
not sure why

I guess I use it the wrong way !! I get it now
I'm facing the same issue. Whenever I clone my webcam, the clone copies any move/crop filters I put on the original source. When changing scenes, (even though the filters are only on the original source) the clone source acts as the original. I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

LeBlux

I'm facing the same issue. Whenever I clone my webcam, the clone copies any move/crop filters I put on the original source. When changing scenes, (even though the filters are only on the original source) the clone source acts as the original. I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.
I was using it wrong way , make modification on the clone , not on the source

Narnacle

It seems that when the Source Clone source is resized (for example by the Move Transition filters), black borders are still part of the Source Clone source. This ensures that resources under the Source Clone resource are still hidden even if the size of the Source Clone resource no longer overlaps. Is there a way to get rid of the black borders?

MasterEvilAce

I've found a bug with Source Clone while using "Previous Scene" setting and having a transition (that isn't an instant cut.)

SUMMARY: Source Clone when set to "Previous Scene" goes black during a transition, causing flicker.
OBS 29.1.3
Source Clone 0.1.4
Windows 10 64bit

Setup:
create scene "GAMING"
add anything here that fills the scene so you can see the "blanking" effect. a colorful and bright image works best.

create scene "BERIGHTBACK"
add "source clone" with clone type "previous scene". (any other settings to not matter and do not affect the outcome)
Make the source clone fit the canvas to make the effect most obvious.
Add an element to the center of the screen on top of the source clone. A logo or text works fine.

add a scene transition of FADE with say, 1000 seconds. This just allows the "blanking" to be more visible, the timing does not matter and still happens at say 250ms.

How to trigger:
Select "GAMING" and make sure the fade effect has completed.
now select "BERIGHTBACK".

You should see the fade transition play out but the SOURCE CLONE within BERIGHTBACK goes completely black. This creates a bad transition as the screen essentially flashes to black THEN fades in the live GAMING scene.
If you put a logo/text on the BERIGHTBACK scene, this element is completely visible and unaffected.

This bug does NOT happen if you set a specific scene to clone manually. So it's the SOURCE CLONE that is losing the "previous scene" during a transition. Toggling Video Buffer or Active Clone options don't do anything to fix or improve the problem.