Some help adjusting settings for 4K recording?

Samathan_

I have a 4K monitor and a Quadro RTX 5000 graphics card, and I don't actually even want to record. I just want to enable my replay buffer for 2 minutes in case anything cool happens. The problem is that when I enable it (or even have OBS open), I get a crazy framerate drop. I thought sure, I guess the 5000 isn't strong enough to capture 4K at 60 FPS, so I tried changing the resolution to HD, but my performance stayed the same. Then I tried changing the resolution of my game to HD, lowing the graphics quality, lowing the framerate, lowering the bitrate, and messing around with every setting I could find, but no matter what I do, my performance doesn't improve. I'm getting the same framerate recording at 4K with 60 FPS as I am recording at 1080p with 30 FPS. My task manager says my laptop isn't even under any stress, so I'm really at a loss at what to do. Any help would really be appreciated!

Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/24_LwveQVir80onf

FerretBomb

1. Run OBS as Administrator. Right-click the shortcut and choose 'run as administrator' from the menu.
2. Disable psycho-visual tuning in Settings->Output. PVT uses CUDA cores and can cause significant issues.
3. Don't use Display Capture unless you absolutely HAVE to. It's the worst-performing capture method, especially on laptops, and should be avoided at all costs.

Samathan_

1. Run OBS as Administrator. Right-click the shortcut and choose 'run as administrator' from the menu.
2. Disable psycho-visual tuning in Settings->Output. PVT uses CUDA cores and can cause significant issues.
3. Don't use Display Capture unless you absolutely HAVE to. It's the worst-performing capture method, especially on laptops, and should be avoided at all costs.

I don't know what that did but it worked perfectly. Thank you so much!!