Resource icon

Simple scene switcher 0.6

ThoNohT

Developer
Do you by any chance have the "don't switch" checkbox checked, which does not switch scenes when no window matches.

Another option is that you have "Match exact window name" unchecked, the LOL window defined above the LOL patcher and the LOL patcher title matches your LOL window title, causing it to still want to switch to the LOL scene.

Those are my main guesses, if that's not it, I will need more information.

ThoNohT

Developer
New version up: Chris will update the link on the first post soon. For now, use this link:

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/scenesw ... xdacwqjQYw

This should fix the issue described here: viewtopic.php?f=20&p=16462#p16435
What it does is simply ignore badly defined window-scene maps. So you might lose some of your rules if they happen to be misconfigured. However, without manually editing the config file that should never happen.

If the problem persists, please let me know. We should then try and meet in the obs livechat, so I can see if I can find the cause.

Voxletum

How do I go about compiling this in VS2010? I am getting 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OBSApi.lib'

also

scenesw.h(21): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'OBSApi.h': No such file or directory

ThoNohT

Developer
The project file assumes that scenesw is located in a directory next to the OBS project. It will be looking for ../OBS/stuff for all dependencies.

Voxletum

Ah, I didn't notice the '../' So I have that in the proper place, now, after also using the precompiled experimental build source and the OBS source from master branch, I'm just getting

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt

(while it is creating library scenesw.lib and object scenesw.exp)

Voxletum

Okay thanks, just installing SP1 for VS2010 seemed to work just fine. Didn't need the compiler update because I don't have the 7.1sdk installed... ?

ThoNohT

Developer
I believe you will need that update in order to do x64 compiles since that update. But honestly, I can't remember what the exact issue was.

QQKachoo

I can't get the plug in to work. I extract the zip file and then copy the .dll file to the plugins folder but when I go to my OBS and click plugins the new plugin will not show up. Any help?

edit:
it seems that only the 64 bit version does not work.

chris84

You sure you got right version ? (32bit for 32bit obs/64bit for 64bit obs)
I don't see what else could go wrong if you have latest obs.

QQKachoo

When you install OBS it gives you both 32 and 64 bit launchers. Also when I downloaded the the file there were two folders, one for 32bit and one for 64bit.

wusel

I can confirm QQKachoo's problem.

EDIT: What I tried: put the x64-dll into directory and start OBSx64 and plugin didnt show up. Replaced the x64- with x86-dll and started OBSx86 and plugin showed up.

ThoNohT

Developer
Hmm, I'll do some cross-checking.

Edit: I can confirm that this works correctly with the 64 bit version. I tried with 0.472b and 0.48.016b, it showed up in both versions. The dll I used is the one currently linked in the first post.

Edit2: Are you possibly putting the 64 bit dll in the 32 bit directory? If you don't realize this, the 64 bit version of OBS is in an x64 subdirectory of the 32 bit OBS folder.

ThoNohT

Developer
I just tried with 0.50b, and it's showing up just fine. Please make sure you installed the files to the correct folders. Check 2 posts above yours for an example of a possible mistake you might have made.

chazragg

is there a way to stop it from switching screen ever time i alt tab because if i die in league of legends i usually alt tab to check facebook ect but when i do that it switches screen i want it to stay on my game screen untill the leagueoflegends.exe closes down

ThoNohT

Developer
You could set it to "don't swich when no window matches" and have the game scene set for the game window, and the launcher scene for the launcher window. When you set it like that, it will only switch when either the game or launcher is active, and if you switch to any other window, it will simply stay on the scene it was on before.