Setting source on the scene visible depending from the scene I'm switching from

draskown

Example: I have Scene 1, Scene 2 and Default Scene. In Default Scene I have two sources: Image 1 and Image 2. If I'm switching from Scene 1 to Default Scene 1 want to display Image 1 and when I'm switching from Scene 2 I want to display Image 2.

So my question here is: does anyone know any elegant way to automate this kinda thing? This one is hard to explain so I could not find anything related.

koala

A scene switch does the switch only, nothing more. You cannot connect additional actions to it, such as enabling or disabling a source in the switched-to scene.
There is also no mechanism in OBS to remember the previous or the next scene, so the previous scene doesn't know which scene is activated next, and the next scene doesn't know which scene was active previously.

You can create 2 new default scenes that inherit the original default scene. Add the original default scene to each of the 2 new default scenes as scene. Don't include the 2 images in the original default scene. Instead, put image 1 into new default scene 1 and image 2 into new default scene 2.
Now, if you want to switch back from scene 1 to the default scene, switch to default scene 1 instead, and if you want to switch back from scene 2 to the default scene, switch to default scene 2 instead.
To reduce confusion, rename the original default scene to something like "template" and move it to the bottom so you don't switch to it accidently. Edit it if you want to make changes that should be reflected in both default scenes.

draskown

I figured that it would be more handy to use move transitions plugin and adjust transparency settings.
How do I close the thread now? haha