Question / Help Screen black on Twitch but not OBS, common causes not the issue

sudden_movements

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting streaming with OBS to work. Everything is black in my Twitch stream using the Twitch app and Safari on both my phone and my wife's phone, but we can see other people's streams just fine.

I figured out the Audio MIDI setup to define a new Multi-Output Device using iShowU Audio Capture, which made it so I could stream my audio from audio program through OBS and into Twitch.

And, I got Synesthesia as a VJ tool to hook up to the Multi-Output Device as a source to have live VJ visuals synced to my audio program, then using Syphon I hooked up the video feed from Synesthesia as a Syphon video source in OBS. Everything looks great in OBS in preview, and the bitrate and frame rate is good and not red.

So, as it is now, I have the audio going out over the Twitch stream just fine, but the screen is always black. Audio comes through just fine on my Twitch channel stream.

I have the video resolution going out at 1621x912 resolution at 30 FPS in OBS, video bitrate at the default 6000 Kbps, audio bitrate at 160 and 44.1 kHz sample rate. Server in OBS is at the recommended Auto. My network is showing 356 Mbps down and 12.1 Mbps up w/ 16ms latency. Using a 2019 MacBook Pro 15" w/ 2.3Ghz 8-core Intel Core i9 processor and 16GB RAM, on Catalina 10.15.4

The logs don’t indicate GPU Overload Issues because I don’t see “Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls” errors in the OBS logs, and I don’t see “Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 44309” errors, so it shouldn’t be that my internet connection isn’t strong enough.

Any idea what the issue might be??

Attachments

• 2020-04-12 10-28-08.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 30

sudden_movements

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting streaming with OBS to work. Everything is black in my Twitch stream using the Twitch app and Safari on both my phone and my wife's phone, but we can see other people's streams just fine.

I figured out the Audio MIDI setup to define a new Multi-Output Device using iShowU Audio Capture, which made it so I could stream my audio from audio program through OBS and into Twitch.

And, I got Synesthesia as a VJ tool to hook up to the Multi-Output Device as a source to have live VJ visuals synced to my audio program, then using Syphon I hooked up the video feed from Synesthesia as a Syphon video source in OBS. Everything looks great in OBS in preview, and the bitrate and frame rate is good and not red.

So, as it is now, I have the audio going out over the Twitch stream just fine, but the screen is always black. Audio comes through just fine on my Twitch channel stream.

I have the video resolution going out at 1621x912 resolution at 30 FPS in OBS, video bitrate at the default 6000 Kbps, audio bitrate at 160 and 44.1 kHz sample rate. Server in OBS is at the recommended Auto. My network is showing 356 Mbps down and 12.1 Mbps up w/ 16ms latency. Using a 2019 MacBook Pro 15" w/ 2.3Ghz 8-core Intel Core i9 processor and 16GB RAM, on Catalina 10.15.4

The logs don’t indicate GPU Overload Issues because I don’t see “Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls” errors in the OBS logs, and I don’t see “Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 44309” errors, so it shouldn’t be that my internet connection isn’t strong enough.

Any idea what the issue might be??

Also, I'm not using a VPN. Thanks!