Question / Help Scheduling a livestream on multiple platforms using Restream

Hello all,

We currently stream to five different platforms using Restream. We have an event coming up that we would like to be able to schedule to allow people to set reminders to join the stream when it plays. We don't have to go live on all of the platforms we typically go live in, but we want to be able to schedule the same live cast for both Facebook and Youtube. Is this possible?

FerretBomb

This is not something OBS handles. You will need to contact Restream and/or the end platforms in question.

This is not something OBS handles. You will need to contact Restream and/or the end platforms in question.

Let me ask a broader question then. Would I need one stream key for multiple platforms to plug into OBS? This is about scheduling, I'm already livestreaming to multiple platforms at once with restream. The question is, do I need one stream key to plug in, that ultimately syncs up to multiple sites' scheduled broadcasts? Is it possible to have OBS broadcast to multiple stream keys? Sorry for the ignorance.

FerretBomb

Let me ask a broader question then. Would I need one stream key for multiple platforms to plug into OBS? This is about scheduling, I'm already livestreaming to multiple platforms at once with restream. The question is, do I need one stream key to plug in, that ultimately syncs up to multiple sites' scheduled broadcasts? Is it possible to have OBS broadcast to multiple stream keys? Sorry for the ignorance.
OBS can only currently stream to one endpoint (in your existing case, Restream). It cannot natively stream to multiple endpoints/stream keys simultaneously (which is one reason why Restream exists). You'd set up all of your endpoint keys on Restream, and have to talk to them about synchronizing your end platforms. Again, something far outside the scope of OBS Support.

In the case of your setup, OBS only sends the stream over to Restream.
Everything past that is between Restream and your end point platforms, and you will need to speak to their support group(s) about it.

OBS can only currently stream to one endpoint (in your existing case, Restream). It cannot natively stream to multiple endpoints/stream keys simultaneously (which is one reason why Restream exists). You'd set up all of your endpoint keys on Restream, and have to talk to them about synchronizing your end platforms. Again, something far outside the scope of OBS Support.

In the case of your setup, OBS only sends the stream over to Restream.
Everything past that is between Restream and your end point platforms, and you will need to speak to their support group(s) about it.
thank you!