Question / Help SCENES AND SOURCES MISSING - OBS STUDIO 24.0.6 - MOJAVE

almudena

Hello everybody! thanks for all your answers in this forum, I fixed a lot of little problems with your help.
about this last one, I didn't found a solution, so, here it goes my issue:

after successfully configuring my scenes and sources (webcam and multimedia sources on my drive) and successfully transmitting with this configuration a couple of days ago ... when I reopened OBS many of the scenes appear black to me. sources have apparently disappeared! 2 different things happened:
1) I can´t watch them in the PREVIEW window... but, in the mixer the sound is active and I can send it to the streaming
2) the same BUT I can't send it to LIVE stream

The missing sources are all multimedia files (WebM and Mp4), which I have not moved. It is also useless to reconnect them in their properties with the route they are on.

I only have 4 scenes, so I wouldn't mind repeating the process again and that's it. but I can't do this either, because now when I add sources, they appear black, following the normal procedure.

that could be happening? do you know?
attached a few captures AND THE REGISTER (there is no log file, maybe OBS don't interpret this as an error, or I can't copy the URL... =S )

thanks for the help!!!!!

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2020-03-30 a las 13.48.20.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-03-30 a las 13.48.20.png
    215.6 KB · Views: 455
  • Captura de pantalla 2020-03-30 a las 13.48.37.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-03-30 a las 13.48.37.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 418
  • 2020-03-30 13-25-38 OBS MISSING SCENES.pdf
    29.1 KB · Views: 56

Narcogen

13:37:22.379: Failed to read log file /Users/almudena/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/crashes/

This log line indicates to me that you have permission errors-- that the user account that is running either doesn't have permission to read the the files in your scene collection, perhaps including the scene collections themselves. Here OBS is failing to write crash logs to where it expects to be able to. Perhaps you're trying to access files in another user's account on the machine? Just guessing.

I can't tell what is causing it, but this sounds like a great time to check your hard disk for errors and start restoring from backup.

almudena

THANKS!!!
I am looking at this that you propose, but I think it is not. unloaded sources are in a directory of my own user and the disc does not show errors in the analysis.

it's so weird!

Another thing that happens when I try to load multimedia files previously dissapeared (sometimes yes and sometimes not) is this: they appear as with scale 0 and you only see a little red dot in the upper left corner of the preview window.

so strange!!

Thanks, I am still trying to see how to solve it ... if someone else can contribute an idea to try, I would be very grateful =)

Shezkah

Having the exact same problem to the letter, Almudena :c

Tried each solution indicated here as well as others in earlier threads from 2016/2017 and none of them work. I suspect some kind of compatability setting.

Edit: Moments after posting this it occurred to me how weird Win10 has been with fullscreen and sure enough the capture works fine for me in Borderless mode. Far from ideal but a potential temp fix. Hope it helps ya.

Bregan123

Was there ever a fix for this? I'm having the same problem, but even more rapidly. I loaded in image, video, and multimedia sources, and when I restarted all scenes are black like OP but sound still plays. I don't know if connected, but when I used a video source yesterday and switched between scenes, the video had stopped transmitting and was showing a freeze frame instead of video feed of what was on the camera... When I tried to remove/readd it as a fix, it just showed a black screen like OP again.