Resource icon

Scene Tree Folder plugin for OBS Studio 0.1.5

DebbieJ

Tech is great until it's not.

The same is true with Scene Tree. I love that it helps me keep "all the things" organized. But NOT that it reset itself when I changed Scene Collections (or maybe it was profiles. I just switched from my normal livestreaming set up to my zoom meeting set up, which means I switched out of both).

Is there any way to have scene tree retain the folders and organization when I move to a different one? It would be even better if each scene collection could have it's own tree... and retain the information when I have to leave and later come back. The value of having the scene tree in place is almost not worth the trouble of resetting it back up repeatedly.

Of course, I may be missing a setting or something along the way. If that's the case, please let me know so that I don't have to go through the full setup AGAIN.

ReaperKills

Tech is great until it's not.

The same is true with Scene Tree. I love that it helps me keep "all the things" organized. But NOT that it reset itself when I changed Scene Collections (or maybe it was profiles. I just switched from my normal livestreaming set up to my zoom meeting set up, which means I switched out of both).

Is there any way to have scene tree retain the folders and organization when I move to a different one? It would be even better if each scene collection could have it's own tree... and retain the information when I have to leave and later come back. The value of having the scene tree in place is almost not worth the trouble of resetting it back up repeatedly.

Of course, I may be missing a setting or something along the way. If that's the case, please let me know so that I don't have to go through the full setup AGAIN.
Hello DebbieJ.

Not, sure if I'll be able to assist.

Versions:
OBS: 29.1.1
SceneTree: 0.1.5

I'm able to change between Profiles and Scene Collections and retain any SceneTree setup for that Scene Collection.

I have noticed that sometimes when changing Scene Collections or Profiles the 'SceneTree' tab will change to 'Scenes' and I have a heart drop moment thinking I lost my SceneTree setup.

Notice the Tab at the bottom.
1684714796552.png

1684714846188.png

Hope that helps :)

DebbieJ

Hello DebbieJ.

Not, sure if I'll be able to assist.

Versions:
OBS: 29.1.1
SceneTree: 0.1.5

I'm able to change between Profiles and Scene Collections and retain any SceneTree setup for that Scene Collection.

I have noticed that sometimes when changing Scene Collections or Profiles the 'SceneTree' tab will change to 'Scenes' and I have a heart drop moment thinking I lost my SceneTree setup.

Notice the Tab at the bottom.
View attachment 94363
View attachment 94364

Hope that helps :)
Thanks.
I discovered this right after I posted. LOL

Still, I wish I could use a scene tree for each collection. So far, I can only set it up for one, and I have a few collections based on the brand I'm doing the livestream for. At least it's working for my main stream :)

TheMadMan007

Is there any way to have SceneTree keep the folder structure and contained scenes when importing/exporting Scene Collections? I have my folders all setup, but if I export my scene collection and move over to a new PC and re-import that scene collection, I have to recreate the folders, and then spend the tedious time reorganizing all scenes into their appropriate folders. Any way to keep this all organized?

jp.d.cruz

Thanks for this awesome plug-in.
Can the full-screen projector be also added in the right-click context menu? Thanks again.

Jyrden

Just started using this plugin and loving how it's made my scenes that much tidier. The only issue I've come across is the little symbol to show if a folder is expanded or collapsed is a bit difficult to see when using dark mode. If it's possible, please could you change it to have a higher contrast?

Attachments

• SceneTree.png
    SceneTree.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 18

Mongoose271

I've been using this on Windows and it's fantastic!
I'm in the process of switching to Linux (Mint) and have no idea how to install it. I'm confused with the cmake part. If it's possible to install, would anyone be able to clarify the instructions? A Linux noob will be very appreciative!