Scene Notes Dock

Scene Notes Dock 0.2.0

Awesome plugin! Although I do have an idea that you might want to consider. An option to lock the text in the right click menu, so you don't accidently edit it while using hotkeys for example?
Just though I'd mention that idea :)

AlaskaBorg

Exeldro, first thank you for ALL that you do for the OBS Studio Community. This is a bit of a twist. Is it possible to programmatically send text to the Scene Notes Dock?

My thought was that Lioranboard or Mix It Up can report in this dock people that cheered, tipped or subbed. Then you won't lose track of them in a busy chatbox.

When the Alert event fires, user data is available to Lioranboard and Mix It Up.
Just like Lioranboard can send text to a Text-GDI control, I would like to send text about the viewer (User name Channel URL) and what they just did (Cheered, Tipped, or Subbed) to the scene notes dock in a variable or some magic you come up with :).

fgomezz

Hi...thanks for the addin...It would be nice if we could use this scene notes as a telepromter...the thing is to have some properties where to set an auto scroll of the text and speed, so I have to press a botton to scroll down.

Tormy

When I copy from the note and I paste on any document, it pastes also a LF character before the pasted line. It seems that this charachter is always added during the Copy phase

oscarreno

Awesome. Is there something similar to this great plugin, but a little more generic and simple?. I'll explain myself:

It would very useful for me having a docking window with the contents of a text file with autorefresh. That way, I can write things programmatically in that file 'on the air' (via StreamerBot or another) . This could help me during my streams to recall me to say anything, greet the viewers, don't miss a commentary in the chat, see the result of certain action, etc.

oscarreno

Awesome. Is there something similar to this great plugin, but a little more generic and simple?. I'll explain myself:

It would very useful for me having a docking window with the contents of a text file with autorefresh. That way, I can write things programmatically in that file 'on the air' (via StreamerBot or another) . This could help me during my streams to recall me to say anything, greet the viewers, don't miss a commentary in the chat, see the result of certain action, etc.
Nevermind!... Reading on another commentary by @Exeldro I can see that I can use Source Dock for the trick- Nice. Thank you so much.

Héraès

@Exeldro : as your Source Dock plugin doesn't work anymore (unfixed crashed at OBS closure), and I needed it in combination with this script to display the name of the actual scene, can you give a look at my suggestion below ?

Suggestion (first variation)

- Simply implement a way to display the name of the scene wether in the dock's title (instead of "Scene Notes") or in the first line of the note.

Suggestion (second variation)

- Implement a way to add a "global note" that would be linked to a TEXT SOURCE and would be displayed in the top of the note. Thus, we could use the script I told about.

I prefer this solution, as we can enlarge the name of the scene that we type in the note, making it more readable from distance.

Misc

Also, a way to add several Global Notes, and an option to activate them on all notes by default would be awesome. For this, I believe that an option panel for your plugin would be useful.

Last edited:

Héraès

Also, but nor related to the previous problem :

- A way to automatically save notes in HTML files named with the scene name, in a common folder, to avoid increasing the SCENE COLLECTION wich can be already very heavy if we have dozens of scenes. - NB : would require to fix files naming conflicts if scenes have unauthorized characters.

theBEMguy

I would love to see this with the mirror horizontal / vertical option. I use this as a teleprompter. (Is there another plugin that would be better for my use?)

Tormy

Still a BUG present and never tackled.

When you copy FROM the Note to any other program (like Notepad etc), inexplicably a "new line" character is always added BEFORE the copied line. So a "return" is pasted into the new doc (as I said: for instance notepad) ... so I get always a new line before the one I ment to paste.

This bug is there since long while.