Scene Collection Manager

Scene Collection Manager 0.1.1

ajeitler

Plugin looks amazing, but on MacOS 12.1 with OBS 27.1.3 it does not show any scene collections :-(.
Do I have to create scenes and collections in the manager or is it supposed to show pre-existing collections on first use?
The plugin would make my life much easier.

ajeitler

Source Copy, by the way, works pretty fine and shows all scenes and sources on my Macs.
Tested the scene collection manager on two Macs so far, same result :-/.

ajeitler

Hm... if I add a now collection via the manager, it shows up in the OBS list of collections, and OBS switches to the new collection as it should be. Returning to the manager, no collections shown...

It has also been my experience that their is no list in the manager on Mac OS High Sierra, but they are stored! It was a fantastic feeling to be able to load them back in after I deleted OBS due to some crashing issues and stuff! It would be nice to see them listed, but it works! Thanks as always Exeldro!

Jonathanl

I downloaded the “Scenes Collection” app from Obsproject.com, for MacOS into the Downloads folder of my MacMini. Unfortunatelly, my computer will not let me unzip/open up and install the scenes Collection package. Instead it an error message pops up saying it “cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.” Please advise how to upload this program into my Obs tools. Many thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 12.57.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 12.57.44 PM.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 12.57.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 12.57.58 PM.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 80

Jonathanl

Just to summarize and hopefully be more clear... as mentioned above, I've downloaded this great Scene Collections Manager, and once I'm in OBS I highlight the scene collection I want to work with, then click tools and in the dropdown menu click Scene collection Manager... but my scene Collections on the left side of the Pop-Up is blank! How do I populate this side with my scene collections, so that I can then back up these scene collections? Please advise. Perhaps I did not install and save my Scene Collection Manager plugin within the correct folder on my Mac Hard Drive???? Not sure. I just hit install and let the system install it in side whatever folder it automatically installs into. Please help.

....twenty minute slater, my scene collections have magically populated and are now visible! :) It seems that my current Scene collections just needed time to upload into the Scene Collections Manager plugin. :) Phew!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 5.13.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 5.13.30 PM.png
    463.1 KB · Views: 132

sadbuttrue

Just to summarize and hopefully be more clear... as mentioned above, I've downloaded this great Scene Collections Manager, and once I'm in OBS I highlight the scene collection I want to work with, then click tools and in the dropdown menu click Scene collection Manager... but my scene Collections on the left side of the Pop-Up is blank! How do I populate this side with my scene collections, so that I can then back up these scene collections? Please advise. Perhaps I did not install and save my Scene Collection Manager plugin within the correct folder on my Mac Hard Drive???? Not sure. I just hit install and let the system install it in side whatever folder it automatically installs into. Please help.

I have exactly the same issue. I am running OBS 27.1.3, Scene Collection Manager 0.0.4 on macOS 10.15.7, Catalina.

IGA

I'm curious. How does this enhance the Scene Collection Export/Import options already available natively in OBS? It it simply a nicer UI to look at?

lindenkron

Does 0.0.5 local file backup come with the option to turn it off? Some bigger scenes with large 1080p things might duplicate a lot of data necessarily/unwanted.

Exeldro

@lindenkron the backup does not copy the local files, only the export option. If you want to export without local files you can use the version that is build into OBS.