Scene Collection Manager

Scene Collection Manager 0.1.1

Héraès

The worse thing is : I've tried to select a collection on the left pane, and to click the "+" in the right pane. I ended up with a "backup" of I don't know what (maybe the collection selected ?), but it only appears when... I select the collection. If I click on another collection, it disappear. So how the fuck are we supposed to find back ou archives with such a mechanism ?

Worse than worse : I tried to select all my collection, and to click on the "+" again. I "saved" something, but it only shows itself when I re-select all the collection it was made from.

This is non-sense.

andycute70

Hello. I don't understand how to use your plugin, can you help ?
When opened, it shows my actual collections. Ok, fine. But I don't understand how to backup each one and make them appear on the right pane.

The purpose is to purge our collections, and to "archive" the one we don't use anymore, right ?
And we want to make them disappear from the left pane, and to appear on the right pane, am I right ?
So, there should be a button wich says "archive" or "backup". And I don't see anything. All I see is "+" and "-" buttons, or ">" (switch). But Switch means "use it now".

Actually, we don't know if clicking on the "+" will save the whole left pane content, or just the collection selected. Nothing discriminates those two possibilities on screen.

Héraès

The video absolutely DOESN'T explain anything related to what I asked. The guy is just playing with one entry, and we don't understand if the entry is the backup of ONE entry on the left, or of ALL the entries on the left.

CybaGirl

The video absolutely DOESN'T explain anything related to what I asked. The guy is just playing with one entry, and we don't understand if the entry is the backup of ONE entry on the left, or of ALL the entries on the left.

Yes he doesn't explain it well at all as in adding a backup.

Some of these dudes forget that people are new to all of this and they need a step by step guide on how to do things and just don't assume everyone knows how to do things.

None the less all you have to do is go to Tools ---> Scene Collection Manager ---> Highlight the Scene Collection in the left hand panel that you want to backup. Then click on the + sign in the right hand panel that is labeled Backup. Here is a screen shot for you.

Once you have done this it will ask you for the name of the back as per this screenshot.

Click OK and the backup should be displayed in the right hand panel as per this screenshot.

If you have any other questions? Please let me know and I hope this helps you.

Héraès

If you have any other questions? Please let me know and I hope this helps you.
Yes, I have a question. I even tried to explain it before, but with no success :

- Let's say that I have 20 collections of scenes. I want to purge my "Scenes collections" dropdown menu from a majority of them.
- So, how can I do that in Scenes Collections Manager ? I click on a collection on the left, and it makes a backup.
- But the collection doesn't disappear : it stays. So I go in the dropdown menu, I apply the collection, then I go back in it, and I clic "delete".

Now, the question :

How can I restore one of the deleted collections with the actual plugin of this topic, if it relies on the fact that the collection still exist to appear in its left pane so I can CLICK ON IT to see the backup in the right pane ?

I start to feel that, again, I see more far than usual users, and the dev didn't think about this situation. He just invented something to keep "variations" of collections, and he calls that "backup", but that is not a real complete backup that could allow deleting things and restoring them.

That a pseudo backup. A semi-backup. And the more ridicule is that it's just due to UI bad design.

andycute70

Yes, I have a question. I even tried to explain it before, but with no success :

- Let's say that I have 20 collections of scenes. I want to purge my "Scenes collections" dropdown menu from a majority of them.
- So, how can I do that in Scenes Collections Manager ? I click on a collection on the left, and it makes a backup.
- But the collection doesn't disappear : it stays. So I go in the dropdown menu, I apply the collection, then I go back in it, and I clic "delete".

Now, the question :

How can I restore one of the deleted collections with the actual plugin of this topic, if it relies on the fact that the collection still exist to appear in its left pane so I can CLICK ON IT to see the backup in the right pane ?

I start to feel that, again, I see more far than usual users, and the dev didn't think about this situation. He just invented something to keep "variations" of collections, and he calls that "backup", but that is not a real complete backup that could allow deleting things and restoring them.

That a pseudo backup. A semi-backup. And the more ridicule is that it's just due to UI bad design.
Scene Collection Manager is a tool that backs up your scene collections. It creates folders for each collection at C:\Users\{Your User Profile}\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\basic\scenes\"your-scene-backup-folder"\

Scene Collection dropdown only shows the main collections that reside at the top level (...obs-studio\basic\scenes\). You may either move the specific backup file (\myscene.json) to this top level, or import it from the dropdown, browse and find it inside the respective folder (\basic\scenes\"your-scene-backup-folder"\myscene.json") as explained in the first paragraph.

Knobbii

Can someone help?

I am running 29.1.3 on my M1 Mac book Pro. Am I just stupid or does this plugin not work with mac. I installed it properly and it shows up in my tool bar and even launches the window. My problem is nothing works after that, nothing shows up in the collection manager window. could someone steer me in the right direction?

JohnInStockie

I just dont get the difference between this and Export, I have 1 scene collection, and about 20 scenes below, I cannot see any difference, use export I get 1 json file, use this I get 1 json file?? ...maybe my use of scenes and collections is wrong?

JohnInStockie

I just dont get the difference between this and Export, I have 1 scene collection, and about 20 scenes below, I cannot see any difference, use export I get 1 json file, use this I get 1 json file?? ...maybe my use of scenes and collections is wrong?

I think I understand now, this is for when you have LOTS of scene collections, makes sense now!

azamet

resim_2023-11-06_233746517.png

what does this button? what is it's job?

turtle_kat

For Mac: I thought it didn't work because my Scene Collection Manager window was blank, but after waiting a few minutes/ closing and re-opening OBS, the scene collection and backup is there.
(Mac Ventura 13.1 / OBS 28.1.2)

edmisterman

Great plugin for back-ups, and Exeldro, you really are the unsung hero of all the greatest plugins for obs.

I'm really struggling to get the export/import function to work. If I want to move an entire installation of obs with plugins, scripts and all, to another computer with a fresh install of obs, how would I do that?
On my new computer, I installed obs, and then just the Scene Collection Manager plugin.
I believe that I successfully exported the two files from SCM on my old computer, but when I import to the new one, I can only select the json file, and don't know what to do with the folder containing all the sources and settings and such.

Could someone help direct me? Thanks!