Question / Help Rotate aspect ratio for instagram only

PlantTV

what's up people
i'm using obs, restream.io, and yellowduck to stream to youtube, facebook, twitch, periscope, and instagram.

any thoughts on how i could get 16:9 video output to rotate 90 degrees for *instagram only* while maintaining 16:9 w/ the other services?

FerretBomb

No. This is not possible with a single instance of OBS at present.

You could install the VirtualCam plugin and run it into a second copy of OBS running in Portable mode with a profile set to the 9:16 AR, rotating or cropping the VC source there, then stream that out, but that is going to be a separate second stream, and will double the system load and network throughput requirements.

PlantTV

No. This is not possible with a single instance of OBS at present.

You could install the VirtualCam plugin and run it into a second copy of OBS running in Portable mode with a profile set to the 9:16 AR, rotating or cropping the VC source there, then stream that out, but that is going to be a separate second stream, and will double the system load and network throughput requirements.

Cool, thanks for that. I did actually try it and technically it worked but it was taxing. Still looking for a lighter solution.

frozenMind

Hello !

I just found this "old" conversation (more than 6 months).
I have the exact same configuration and issue.
Does anyone have found a better solution to deal with this ?

Thank you !