Replaced router (RT-AX86u) Now getting random disconnects from twitch/OBS

drcsyntax

Hey, I'm usually pretty quick to fix these, but this one is stumping me a little bit. Replaced my out of date router with a newer, everything running far better on the network.....except....you guessed it, OBS! (Or twitch?) I'll get random bouts of my bitrate dropping to 0, then OBS say it's having connection issues, there's a bit of pause and then it tries to reconnect. Generally it'll reconnect on the first try and be fine...for awhile then it might happen again. At first I blamed the game (Outriders was causing some issues supposedly) but it is doing across multiple games, so that theory is out.

I've included my latest log if anyone has insight into what it's revealing that would be great! (My router is basically at default settings, I turned OFF the firewall, but that's about it)

Attachments

• 2021-04-21 20-52-11.txt
    383.6 KB · Views: 22

drcsyntax

Couldn't find an edit button, apologies for the double post, but here's a twitch test. I usually connect to Dallas, but that's showing a 0 quality....for...some reason? I wonder if this is a routing issue and I'm just a goof.

1619121531060.png

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Looks like your browser sources all die around the same time as you disconnect too. Is your router firmware up to date? Turned off useless features like intrusion detection / content scanning / etc?

drcsyntax

This thing has a lot of useless features...well not needed by me, just went through just about all of them. Everything not needed is turned off, all firewalls are down, no special forwarding to either PC connected by LAN. Media prioritization is off, QoS, every bell and whistle of this fancy thing is disabled. (So is OPEN NAT which apparently auto sets up ports for gaming and junk, but I feel like that's not really needed either, my games aren't having coop issues)

I noticed during these freezes and reconnects with OBS that the NDI source will also freeze until it reconnects as well. Searching for any logs the router might have of the device