Replace OBS Virtual Camera Placeholder?

AnotherOBS

Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to replace the virtual camera placeholder on mac? I've found the place holder image in the directory:

/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/Resources/data/obs-mac-virtualcam.plugin/Contents/Resources/placeholder.png

but after replacing the image and restarting, it still seems to have no change or affect. How can I fix this? Thank you.

brokenantler

I found the PNG to edit after an exhaustive search of my system:

/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/obs-mac-virtualcam.plugin/Contents/Resources/placeholder.png

Easiest way here is from Finder, Choose Go> Go to Folder and paste the location. You will likely have to edit permissions of the image and or containing folder for write access, but this is the PNG that changes the default placeholder when OBS virtual cam isn't running.

AnotherOBS

I found the PNG to edit after an exhaustive search of my system:

/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/obs-mac-virtualcam.plugin/Contents/Resources/placeholder.png

Easiest way here is from Finder, Choose Go> Go to Folder and paste the location. You will likely have to edit permissions of the image and or containing folder for write access, but this is the PNG that changes the default placeholder when OBS virtual cam isn't running.
After going to /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library, it seems as if it's just an empty folder. I did the "Get Info" trick and gave myself Read & Write permissions but to no avail. Any reason why?

brokenantler

After going to /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library, it seems as if it's just an empty folder. I did the "Get Info" trick and gave myself Read & Write permissions but to no avail. Any reason why?

I'm not certain why that would show as an empty folder. are you an admin? You can try using The find function in finder (CMD+F) and use these settings. To get "system files" Hit the plus sign, and choose "other" then System files, and set it to are included. You can then right click obs-mac-virtualcam.plugin and choose "Show Package Contents" and it should get you where you're going.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 12.28.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 12.28.08 PM.png
    252.5 KB · Views: 233

AnotherOBS

I'm not certain why that would show as an empty folder. are you an admin? You can try using The find function in finder (CMD+F) and use these settings. To get "system files" Hit the plus sign, and choose "other" then System files, and set it to are included. You can then right click obs-mac-virtualcam.plugin and choose "Show Package Contents" and it should get you where you're going.
Thank you! That seemed to work. The files where located in "Macintosh HD - Data", not "Macintosh HD". Now for full customizability.