Radom crashes due to vcruntime140.dll making OBS unusable

Lea Coons

Hi all:

I've purchased a new and powerful computer with an NVidia Graphics Card, latest CPU, plenty of RAM... only to discover OBS crashes all the time and renders it unusable, having to return to my old machine that struggles with it.

The session I've attached was using Skype and NDI for the recording, but it happens even without recording or doing anything: just sitting iddle in the background.

I'm using:

Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎12/‎01/‎2021
OS build 19042.746
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

I've made sure I have the latest drivers and system updates.

I've attached the log and the crash file of the last session.

Can anyone lend me a hand to fix the issue?

Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• Crash 2021-01-19 19-03-50.txt
    150 KB · Views: 72
  • Log 2021-01-19 19-03-20.txt
    14.7 KB · Views: 39

Lea Coons

Ah, OK, didn't thought about that. I have an older version of the plugin (1.7.8) in my old computer, and works perfect for what I need. I'll return to that version and see if it works.

Thank you very much!

Exeldro

Does the crash also happen when the transition is not set to move transition, but set to cut?

Lea Coons

Mmmm, I don't know. I only use the move transition. However the funny thing is that yesterday, while I was trying to record and crashed randomly I was using a single scene, without changing from scene to scene and therefore without using the move transition at all.

Could fail because of the plugin even if I'm not using it (if I just have it selected in the transitions)?

Thanks!

Exeldro

In OBS a transition stays active while scenes are not transitioning, so by having the transition selected it can be used.
To be sure select the cut transition and use the cut transition.

Lea Coons

Thank you very much. I'll do. Are you planning to update the move transition anytime soon to prevent this? I really like it and think it's the best one to use in streaming.

Good job with and thank you for being so generous to sharing it

Exeldro

I am not sure what the problem is, so I don't know how to fix it yet. If you don't have the problem when not using the move transition, it is most likely something in the Move Transition. I have not had similar reports before, so any more information you can provide can help me find the issue faster.

Markium

Hi, I've come across this post and would like to chip in that I'm also having the same issue, crashing every session within 10 minutes to 1 hour of OBS run time. I'm really hitting a wall. I've built everything based on Move Transition and can't go without it so I thought I'd add to the post to add in whatever way I can. I'm on Mac and running OBS through terminal, and have noted that when I change to 'cut' transition as suggested above my memory leaks go from 10-20 to 0-1, and also when I removed the plugin entirely I had no memory leaks.
Latest OBS 26.1.2
i9, 8 Core, Vega 48, 128Gb Ram
Catalina 10.15.7
P.S. Exeldro you're awesome.

Markium

Thanks for the reply. The crash freezes the entire system and forces a reboot so I don't have an actual crash report, and clicking 'show Crash Reports' is bringing nothing up. I will upload a few logs and the kernel panic report from the Mac that is given once it is rebooted. What is the best way to get the files to you, they are too large it seems to attach here, pastebin and teknik.io. Do you need the entire log or should I truncate it?

Lea Coons

Hi everyone:

Sorry for taking too long in adding more information to this thread.

Since my first problems with this I've done a couple of live streams more, one using NDI and another one with OBS.ninja for the video sources. The crash seems to be related to using NDI, although they happen randomly (sometimes it goes for 15 or 20 minutes without and issue, and the crashes and starts crashing every 2 to 5 minutes making the process unbearable. However with OBS.ninja, therefore no DNI and a couple of Browser sources, everything goes smoothly.

So, I think the problem lies with NDI sources maybe combined with the move transition, something that didn't happen with the previous version of OBS. With browser sources for the video, it works perfectly.

I hope this can shed some light on the issue.

Thanks!!

zada.sherlat

hello guys!!
i have an issue recording anything, ive tried every settings and still not working, my records are latterly photos that changes every 5 seconds with some audio in the background. ive seen many pcs older than mine and recording smoothly.
my pc :
r3 3200g/16gb ram/msi pro vdh max b450
thank you very much.

sbloom85

hello guys!!
i have an issue recording anything, ive tried every settings and still not working, my records are latterly photos that changes every 5 seconds with some audio in the background. ive seen many pcs older than mine and recording smoothly.
my pc :
r3 3200g/16gb ram/msi pro vdh max b450
thank you very much.
That's not good. What kind of drive are you recording to? SSD, M.2 or HDD? If it's an HDD, see if it needs to be defragged.