Python, Hiding Rust Map

Reisonable

Hi folks,

I've been working on this for the better part of a week but simply cannot find an elegant solution.

Ideally, AutoHotKey would solve my problems, or there's a "fancy" Python script available on the internets that would also suit my needs. But I'm a Mac guy, and AutoHotKey is not compatible, so I'm hoping I can either fix this by getting Python to work with OBS... OR see if someone smart and kind enough is able to provide me with a functional Lua script.

So here's the happs:

System: Mac Mini M1, Ventura 13.1, Running OBS 29.0.0 (and loving it).

IDEAL SOLUTION: I want to hide my rust map from viewers while streaming. Ideally, when I press "g" (the in-game map), and image pops up and covers it from my viewers. When I release "g", there should be a 0.5 second delay and the covering should disappear.

CURRENT SOLUTION: My current implementation is instead to press g and have the cover appear, and then press "b" to make that cover go away. Now, that sounds simple enough, but the amount of time my viewers spend looking at the map cover because I keep forgetting to press "b" is... well, it's not fun.

PROBLEMS: "Python is not currently loaded" always appears even with Python installed. I cannot seem to direct the file path in a way that satisfies OBS that I do, in fact, have Python 3.11.1 installed. I've also tried scripts using ChatGPT (yes, I know) for Lua, AppleScript, and Swift scripts, but those were long shots for my experience level.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated and likely profitable if marketed towards the right group lol

Thank you in advance!
Reisonable

SirianRage

I'm kind of in the same bout just not using mac, I'm using a 2 pc setup and when I was using OBS Studio 27, I was using a script called rust_mappy and it did exactly what it needed to but it no longer works with OBS 29