PTZOptics Camera Controller for OBS

PTZOptics Camera Controller for OBS 2018-04-30

PTZOptics

PTZOptics submitted a new resource:

PTZOptics Camera Controller for OBS - IP Camera Controller with PTZ

PTZ-Open-Broadcaster-Software-Plugin.jpg

Take control of your PTZOptics cameras with Open Broadcaster Software. Our new plugin includes advanced features for pan, tilt and zoom control of your PTZOptics camera directly inside OBS!

Features:
  • Easy IP Camera Controls
  • Pan, Tilt and Zoom Controls
  • Customization Pan and Tilt Speeds
  • 9 Custom Presets with Names
  • 9 PTZ Directions
  • Focus...

Read more about this resource...

Rick Corder

A very good start! With the wide usage of OBS and PTZOPTICS cameras I am very happy to see this tool. This allows my tight budgeted Live stream program at my church to offer a quality product produced by one volunteer! Many thanks for making a great camera and very capable software for us in the church streaming community!

Howard Mergler

I am trying out the plug-in and really like the ability to control the camera from within the app. I am finding though that after I set up all my presets and cameras and then exit the OBS application that all of the settings for the plug-in are gone the next time I load up OBS. Is there a trick for saving all the settings?

Thanks,
Merg

bryan77

I am having the same problems. All of the camera settings in the plugin are not saving once you close obs.
I also noticed the settings.ini in the obs-ptzcontroller folder which is in the obs-plugins folder is blank.

hwild

Is there any possibility to call a Present (via TCP/IP from the PTZOptics Camera) from a OBS sequence oder whit a script (and my elgato keyboard) ?

PTZOptics

I am having the same problems. All of the camera settings in the plugin are not saving once you close obs.
I also noticed the settings.ini in the obs-ptzcontroller folder which is in the obs-plugins folder is blank.

This is something we are working on. By the way, we are also adding new support for hotkeys and hopefully a dockable mini controller.

PTZOptics

Any plans to support other PTZ cameras with this plugin? Or only PTZOptics?

Definitely only PTZOptics cameras.
Is there any possibility to call a Present (via TCP/IP from the PTZOptics Camera) from a OBS sequence oder whit a script (and my elgato keyboard) ?

Well, you can use the HTTP commands inside the OBS browser input. This works well to call a specific preset for example when you transition to a specific scene.

FishBytes

Camcontroller.com will support multiple cameras from multiple vendors (Axis, Sony, ONVIF...). Camcontroller is not as tightly integrated as the ptzoptics controller (not a plugin, is a standalone app that can work with ptzoptics via hotkey mapping e.g. mapping a camera scene with key 1, another scene with 2...and transition via enter or control-g)

It may be an option while the plugin is being updated.

PTZOptics

PTZOptics updated PTZOptics Camera Controller for OBS with a new update entry:

Mac Support

We have made some major updates to the app and also provided Mac support.

New features include:

1. Control up to 8 PTZOptics cameras over an IP connection (LAN)
  2. xBox Joystick Controller Support
  3. Compact, Advanced and Preview Modes
  4. Live Video Preview Mode with automatic camera switching (Windows Only)
  5. Hotkeys support in OBS
  6. Name each unique camera
  7. Set up to 9 camera presets
  8. Name each unique preset & capture image representations
  9. Pan, Tilt and Zoom Speeds...

Read the rest of this update entry...

INS4NITY

I know that this is specifically for PTZOptics branded cameras, but given that you guys use Newtek's NDI protocol for the newer IP cameras, what are the odds that this plugin will work to control the Newtek NDI-PTZ1? It'd be nice for a mixed camera environment (a fundraising effort netted us the PTZ1s, future additions would potentially be PTZOptics cameras depending on prices)

Edit: I guess what I'm really asking is what protocol the plugin uses to communicate with the cameras. I'm assuming its VISCA over IP, which should mean that it should work with most modern PTZs even if they aren't necessarily supported, correct?

Last edited:

NielsA

Hi Experts,
In church we are have made a quick setup with multiple usb-webcams. We are considering a single PTZOptics camera with different presets replacing the different usb-webcams. Right now we have programmed different scenes for different combinations with presentations. We have presentation only (for songlyrics), band-only, presentation with band pip, pastor-only, presentation with pastor pip left, presentation with pastor pip right etc.
My question is: Is it possible with this plugin to add the source for the PTZOptics camera to a scene with a specific preset? (if preset 1 = band and preset 2 = pastor, can I specify to use camera preset 1 in 'band-only' scene and 'presentation with band pip' and to use preset 2 in 'pastor-only' scene and 'presentation with pastor pip'?

FishBytes

Hi guys, news? I've the same need. Many other PTZ camera not PTZOptics…..connected via HDMI/SDI encoder or HTTP…. Many thx in advance !
The CamController.com software has recently been updated with some new features including the ability to call presets from within OBS. With this latest update you can request CamController to move the camera to a specific preset when the scene is activated. This should work with any supported camera in CamController.

See the guides section on CamController.com

orlc20

Hey guys,
Is it possible to have the PTZOptics Camera Controller presets as hotkeys? I'm working with a church and they have the presets to Pulpit, alter, etc. For example,I'd like to make it to where if they press the number 1 on the keyboard it would go to the Pulpit, number 2 would go to the alter, etc. Is this possible?

mattbatt

The CamController.com software has recently been updated with some new features including the ability to call presets from within OBS. With this latest update you can request CamController to move the camera to a specific preset when the scene is activated. This should work with any supported camera in CamController.

See the guides section on CamController.com

I'm in the same boat as the posters above I have a Lumens Camera and I need to control it somehow. CamController is just way too expensive for what little it does. For $99 (is that per year?!) I can get a streamdeck. A plug-in for OBS shouldn't cost more than $20. Good luck and best wishes to the developers.

Marq

For all people looking to control other brands of PTZ cameras through OBS.
I published an OBS script that can execute cli-commands whenever a scene is activated. You can combine this with curl to send the right HTTP request to the camera to load the preset.

It can also work for cases where curl won't work:
  • If the camera supports ONVIF, you could use an CLI program that supports ONVIF
  • If the camera support VISCA, you could use a serial connection from the PC to the camera, and a CLI program that sends the right VISCA command.