PTZOptics Camera Controller for OBS

PTZOptics Camera Controller for OBS 2018-04-30

Homer

Thanks for your answer, I'm sorry for the late reply. It's because mostly only are free for my projects at the weekend.
I think, it would be too complex to integrate a complete DMX control in OBS. Therefore I want to use scenes, I pre-programmed in freeStyler DMX in advance.
If I understand it correctly, you do nothing else with your SIMPLE CAM.exe: Certain camera settings are also saved as a scene in advance. So when a user selects a scene in OBS, the task of the lua script is to tell SIMPLE CAM, which camera scene is needed. My question is, whether I can add a line to tell freestyler DMX, which light scene is needet at the same time.

DCStrato

Hi Homer,

It would be possible, as Simplecam just sends the proper command via the cameras IP or serial connection to select one of 255 camera presets. It also has the controls to move the camera and tell the camera to set and clear those presets. However, I don't know how to tell freestyle DMX what preset to load for what DMX address. Their API documentation is minimal at best. At the moment I don't have time to research how this might be done, code it, locate a moving head, and set up a DMX environment to test with. Maybe someday I will need to get a moving spotlight for the church and will look into expanding the utility. Meanwhile, you are welcome to download the source and play with it if you want. It is pretty simple stuff (thus the name).

Sorry.
DC

darctur

The OBS PTZOptics Controller plugin is no longer appearing in the OBS Tools menu, since I updated to OBS 27 on Mac OS Monterey (12.2.1). I don't see any updates to the plugin download files or install instructions. Is this getting fixed?

dqm

I like love this plugin, but have a couple of complaints:
1. camera settings (like pan/tilt speed) are not saved and need to be re-established every time I restart OBS
2. every time I quit OBS, this plugin strands a process in task manager
3. has memory leaks

dqm

Hey guys,
Is it possible to have the PTZOptics Camera Controller presets as hotkeys? I'm working with a church and they have the presets to Pulpit, alter, etc. For example,I'd like to make it to where if they press the number 1 on the keyboard it would go to the Pulpit, number 2 would go to the alter, etc. Is this possible?
With obs-visca-control.lua, obs hotkeys can be assigned to camera presets (and other camera functions)

danielbates7

Hey all, I have download and installed the plugin but I am unable to get it to control my PTZ optics PTZ camera, any thoughts?

Spider

I am connecting a PTZ camera via a Video Capture Device, stream etc all working OK. However, I am unable to connect to the PTZOptics Controller Plugin. It gives me the message Cannot connect to the specific camera. Socket operation timed out. Any suggestions please.

Cerberus262

Will this plugin be updated to support OBSv28 or should I downgrade OBS?
I wouldn't hold my breath. I downloaded the other PTZ camera control plugin and it's been working with V28 and PTZOptics cameras. Just don't turn the speed down too far or the zoom won't work.

WildFyr

This plugin needs support to adjust the speed of the camera. Right now it moves at a CRAWL. No way would you be able to follow anything going on. Cool concept, but too slow to be useful anywhere.