bradpeterson

I have this little problem with the speed slider. If the speed slider is set to 15 and below, zooming in or out will no longer work and when I set the slider to 4 and below, pan and tilt will also stop working :-(

I"m seeing similar behavior. It's like the speed of zooming in and out is very slow relative to the speed of panining left/rightup/down.

So if you set a good speed for zooming, your pan speed is lightning fast.

If you set a good speed for panning, your zoom speed slow or nonexistant.

I almost wonder if each time a zoom/pan button is pushed, a speed value could be sent prior. So if you click left, it can send a low speed int and then pan left. If you click zoom in, it can send a higher speed int and then zoom.

glikely

Thank you for your thoughts.
1) I tested the system at home with the same cables as used in the church. The PTZ Control panel worked perfectly.
2)The control cable is the approriate shielded cable. By the way, there are two cameras in the system.
I can control the camera via the OBS Camera Control functions so I'm fairly sure that it is not a contol cable problem. Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall the ptz plug-in? Could that help? I wonder, if the streaming deck has someting to do do with the problem, although, it worked well with PTZ Control panel at home.

Is there anything other apps on the church PC that is using the serial port? The UART cannot be shared between multiple applications at once. Please file an issue in github and attach a copy of your OBS log file.

glikely

Mac OS Monterey Apple Silicon

The effort of this plugin is amazing as we use NDI cameras throughout our setup. Issue is that I am having the hardest time docking the UI of this tool where I'd like it to go. I have a pretty tiny 8" low resolution touch screen that I have OBS on, when I squish OBS window down small enough to fit that lcd display, the UI of the PTZ controls plugin seems to break OBS interface.

At times where I want to launch OBS without seeing the PTZ controls at all, when I disable it in the docks menu and relaunch OBS, the PTZ controls window appears separate of OBS floating without any window controls to resize or close it. The UI seems to get very confused.
This is something that needs to be reworked. Please file an issue in Github to track the problem and I'll see about getting a solution.

glikely

First, thank you for this amazing OBS plugin. Absolutely love it!

Our setup:
OBS with OBS-PTZ plugin on Windows PC
USB to serial cable
Three Tenveo (super cheap) cameras connected via serial (VISCA)

Every time we open OBS, the VISCA number resets on the cameras so they are all set to 1. We then have to log into camera 2 & 3 to reset their VISCA numbers and thus regain control through the OBS-PTZ plugin

Mostly curious if there is a quick fix from the OBS-PTZ side? Maybe there's a reset command, power on, or something sent as a default upon opening OBS? If not, we'll continue troubleshooting on our end.

We have a physical joystick that controls all three cameras with settings being saved. We have also been successful with other software-based USB-to-serial camera controllers, but they were garbage compared to your plugin and thus we're attempting to get this working. :)
How do you have your cameras wired up? Daisy chain, or a serial bus? If they are wired in parallel then every time OBS-PTZ queries the bus to find out how many cameras there are the cameras will all get assigned address 1. The recommended wiring is to have the cameras daisy chained so that TX from the 1st camera goes to RX on the second and so on.

There isn't a quick fix on the OBS-PTZ side. I would need to rework the configuration back end to allow for parallel-wired cameras.

Please file an issue in GitHub and provided details about how your cameras are wired up to the serial port.

glikely

I wasnt trying to be a jerk with the question.
There are at least 4 ONVIF open source pulls on Git Hub that I found in different flavours of code and camera tests. I am not sure what you need for implementation etc.
I am still down with helping in any way I can or sending a donation for making it happen.
It is a problem of time rather than funding. This is a personal time project for me and ONVIF isn't currently a priority because I'm not using any ONVIF cameras. I wouldn't even know which cameras would be interesting for getting started on ONVIF. If there are specific cameras that you are interested in then please add the details to the GitHub issue requesting ONVIF: https://github.com/glikely/obs-ptz/issues/16

glikely

One thing that bugs me about all the PTZ software is that it moves very notchy because it's a button, if you could select between a "button" style motion interface and a virtual joystick you could change the rate/direction of movement by how far you drag it,perhaps a doubleclick on it to "home"
I still haven't figured out how to get it to work with my PTZ camera yet (Genbolt 203x ip cam).. I've tried pretty much every combination of device type and port... can you give me a tip based on my camera settings?

Here's a screenshot of any relevant settings
View attachment 78063View attachment 78064
View attachment 78065

It has serial coms in the settings, but they're not physically exposed on the camera, so kinda pointless, but I thought I'd include it to be complete
View attachment 78066

i'm going to try and sniff my network packets while using PTZ on other software and see what that reveals
Right, so this is an ONVIF camera which is not yet supported. There is a feature request for ONVIF, but it isn't very high on the priority list at the moment because I don't use any ONVIF hardware. https://github.com/glikely/obs-ptz/issues/16

glikely

Love the Docs for our church live stream. I would like to suggest an enhancement. It would be nice if you can tell which preset was selected. We are using the ATEM mini and have a Powerpoint computer and then the PTZ camera. When the PowerPoint is being displayed we will select one of the docs presets so the PTZ camera has moved and focused. Then when we switch back to the PTZ camera you don't see the movement. The problem is, sometimes we don't remember if we selected the preset. Is there any way to make the preset change color or have a "pressed" appearance.? Please pass this on to developers.
Good idea. Can you post a feature request in github please? https://github.com/glikely/obs-ptz/issues

glikely

I"m seeing similar behavior. It's like the speed of zooming in and out is very slow relative to the speed of panining left/rightup/down.

I almost wonder if each time a zoom/pan button is pushed, a speed value could be sent prior. So if you click left, it can send a low speed int and then pan left. If you click zoom in, it can send a higher speed int and then zoom.
Thanks for the feedback. Please file a bug report on github so that it doesn't get forgotten: https://github.com/glikely/obs-ptz/issues

The handling of pan/tilt/zoom/focus speed is kind of hacked together at this point. I need to rewrite it to work consistently with different cameras.

glikely

Thanks for the feedback. Please file a bug report on github so that it doesn't get forgotten: https://github.com/glikely/obs-ptz/issues

The handling of pan/tilt/zoom/focus speed is kind of hacked together at this point. I need to rewrite it to work consistently with different cameras.

glikely

Is your camera using VISCA or PELCO? In the VISCA protocol the speed is embedded in the command and should already be sent each time the button is pressed.

toplachi

Just wondering if its possible to send preset commands which only control a certain axis. One use case for this is if I have face tracking enabled which only controls the pan tilt automatically and then I have 2 presets for close up and wide shots that is relative to the current x,y coordinate

Quez

glikely submitted a new resource:

PTZ Controls - Pan Tilt Zoom camera controls for OBS

Read more about this resource...
Hello. I am new to OBS and came across your PTZ resource while browsing the forum. I use OBS virtual camera to send out to Zoom and have several USB cameras connected through a powered hub. that I switch between as needed during meetings.
I recently acquired a Tenveo conference camera that connects by USB and has a i.r. remote control. the camera connects to OBS fine and can give me 1080p and 60fps. My problem with it is that I have to be in front of it for the remote control to work, which is difficult as I am positioned off to one side and can't see the i.r. receiver. I was wondering if your PTZ software would allow me to control this from OBS?
If so. how do I connect the camera? It has USB2 for video out and an RS232 socket and a small green connector with 2 connections labelled A & B. I don't know much about it but if I can get the PT to work ( It's fixed focus there is no zoom to control) on OBS that would be great.
Alternatively do you know of any way I could use acomputer joystick to move the camera?

Kind Regards
Quez

Quez

Thanks for that.
Looks OK now!!

FYI . The PTZ camera I am using is a Tenveo HD conference Camera- this has HDMI connection only, but with RS232 plug for connecting control signals to computer. (waiting for Cable - could be about 2 weeks).-With cable, wiil I have full functionally.
Attachment shows details from manualView attachment 71908View attachment 71909
Hello, I too have a Tenvio conference cam Model TEVO-VHD1080Pro. Mine has the RS232 socket for a round plug and USB out for the video. Also my laptop that I want to use this on doesn't have any RS232 output just USB and my model of camera doesn't have the dip switches shown above. I would like to be able to use this software on my system butI don't know if it would just need a cable from USB to RS232 to work as I don't have the settings dip switches. I am totally new to all this and would be grateful for any advice/ help I can get
Quez

toplachi

Hello, I too have a Tenvio conference cam Model TEVO-VHD1080Pro. Mine has the RS232 socket for a round plug and USB out for the video. Also my laptop that I want to use this on doesn't have any RS232 output just USB and my model of camera doesn't have the dip switches shown above. I would like to be able to use this software on my system butI don't know if it would just need a cable from USB to RS232 to work as I don't have the settings dip switches. I am totally new to all this and would be grateful for any advice/ help I can get
Quez
If you want to control it using your camera's "small green connector with 2 connections labelled A & B", you will be needing a USB to RS485 adapter... this is more practical option because you will only be needing a cable with 2 wires to connect your camera to the RS485 USB adapter.

If your Tenveo camera already came with RS232 cable with sufficient length, you can buy a USB to RS232 Adapter

There is also a possibility that you can also control (some of) your camera's functions through usb connection using PTZOptics app Free Camera Control App Download for PC and Mac - PTZOptics

wilderf353

Hello. I am new to OBS and came across your PTZ resource while browsing the forum. I use OBS virtual camera to send out to Zoom and have several USB cameras connected through a powered hub. that I switch between as needed during meetings.
I recently acquired a Tenveo conference camera that connects by USB and has a i.r. remote control. the camera connects to OBS fine and can give me 1080p and 60fps. My problem with it is that I have to be in front of it for the remote control to work, which is difficult as I am positioned off to one side and can't see the i.r. receiver. I was wondering if your PTZ software would allow me to control this from OBS?
If so. how do I connect the camera? It has USB2 for video out and an RS232 socket and a small green connector with 2 connections labelled A & B. I don't know much about it but if I can get the PT to work ( It's fixed focus there is no zoom to control) on OBS that would be great.
Alternatively do you know of any way I could use acomputer joystick to move the camera?

Kind Regards
Quez
My church is using an RS-485 adapter plugged into our desktop's serial port to control our two Fomako cameras, but it might be easier for you to purchase a infrared remote repeatet/extender.

IMG_20220127_141718.jpg
l

qwedsazxc

Hello
I am new to OBS and fortunately find your PTZ controls plugin while browsing all related websites.
To be honest, I don't know which one of Visca or Pelco or etc is my camera using.
So I'm not sure how can I import the camera in the Plugin configuration section.
I'd be grateful if someone can help me about below questions:
  • What type is my camera ? [visca or etc]
  • How should I enter the IP ? [or should i use rtsp type of command in ip section of plugin configuration]
  • What Port is my camera using? [what should i use in port section of plugin configuration]
My camera is
brand: Uniview (UNV)
model: IPC6412LR-X5P

P.S. I introduce my camera to OBS via Media Source likd this (rtsp://user:pass@192.168.-.-/media/video0)

johnkeats101

It would be nice if a "Window" menu on Mac showed all the available windows, including items that were minimized. This helps because I often have a very cluttered display with several apps windows. Selecting OBS doesn't always bring the window of interest to the foreground, so I often find myself minimizing other windows in my search. Furthermore, if I minimize the Windowed projector, it disappears from view and I have to recreate it. If I select to show all windows, it does not appear as available. The same applies to the main window, but worse. In order to redisplay, I have to restart OBS. This can happen during streaming :-(.

On Mac, minimizing means to hide the window, but it should be easy to maximize it again. Currently, minimizing (

Configuration: OBS 27.1.3 using MacOS 12.2 (Monterey) on MacBook Pro 16 (Apple Silicon).