I'll make a few changes and see if you like it.
png_20211106_165448_0000.png

EB123

is there any way of adding speed ramping to PTZ controls ? i find most PTZ cameras tend to look jerky when starting/stopping any movements.. it would be good if you could ramp speed up/down so the movement begins slow and then within a second or two it increases to the maximum.. this would help to use PTZ movement in the production a lot more.. rather than just a series of static shots...

glikely

is there any way of adding speed ramping to PTZ controls ? i find most PTZ cameras tend to look jerky when starting/stopping any movements.. it would be good if you could ramp speed up/down so the movement begins slow and then within a second or two it increases to the maximum.. this would help to use PTZ movement in the production a lot more.. rather than just a series of static shots...
It's something I've been thinking of. Can you file a issue on GitHub making this request please?

MMTech1

I have Panasonic AW-HE40HWP, PTZ the camera. Hooked up to OBS computer with HDMI and camera works fine, moves fine with included remote control. But I found this great resource on here, PTZ control by glikely. I can't seem to hook up to it, and get it to work, with this camera. I also have a less expensive PTZ name brand unknown. It works 5x better then the Panasonic and hooked up to the PTZ control easy, works great. I'm hoping someone can help me hook up the Panasonic, maybe step by step pdf. the pan says it is on 192.168.1.10 port 80? Yet the other one that works is on 10.0.0.47, yet they are both plugged into the same box. I Thank you for your help in advance.

mab42

Great add-on, thanks for making it available!

Here is some feedback:
- the Shift-Click for slow movement seems to be broken, at least here it does not do anything at all. Ctrl-click seems to work.
- would be great to be able to select multiple cameras at once and issue the same command to all of them (e.g. zoom in/out, home, left/right...)

Thanks again!

glikely

Great add-on, thanks for making it available!

Here is some feedback:
- the Shift-Click for slow movement seems to be broken, at least here it does not do anything at all. Ctrl-click seems to work.
- would be great to be able to select multiple cameras at once and issue the same command to all of them (e.g. zoom in/out, home, left/right...)

Thanks again!
Good feedback, thanks! Can you please file each of these as issues on GitHub so I don't forget about them?

Lawrence_SoCal

I have Panasonic AW-HE40HWP, PTZ the camera. Hooked up to OBS computer with HDMI and camera works fine, moves fine with included remote control. But I found this great resource on here, PTZ control by glikely. I can't seem to hook up to it, and get it to work, with this camera. I also have a less expensive PTZ name brand unknown. It works 5x better then the Panasonic and hooked up to the PTZ control easy, works great. I'm hoping someone can help me hook up the Panasonic, maybe step by step pdf. the pan says it is on 192.168.1.10 port 80? Yet the other one that works is on 10.0.0.47, yet they are both plugged into the same box. I Thank you for your help in advance.
Those network issues are unrelated to the plug-in, so I recommend taking any more conversation on this onto its own thread
Though most likely, you have mis-configured the Panasonic, hence your inability to control it over the network. You must fix that first

glikely

Sounds like your Panasonic camera's network configuration isn't correct. Check with your network admin on the correct IP settings you should use. If the other camera works with a 10.0.0.x address, then the Panasonic probably needs a similar address.

rTsComp

Hello all,

I have a SMTAV Ptz Camera controlled via USB. Is there a chance that future releases will support USB control?

Thank you.

rTsComp

USB camera control is something I want to add. I don't know when I will get to it though.
Some Specs on the camera.

Multiple Protocol Support
Standard VISCA/Pelco-D/Pelco-P and UVC protocols Support.

Easily controlled by infrared remote controller, USB or serial port

How the camera appears in the Device Manager.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-25 104109.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-25 104109.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 61

Jeramiah

I have built a streaming system for a church which I tested at home using the same RS-232 and USB cables which have been subsequently been installed in the church. At home the PTZ control panel worked perfectly, in the church none of the functions operate. However, it is possible to control camera motions using the Camera Control functions within Video Capture Device/Properties/Configure Video/Properties. This problem is delaying the project and has become a major problem. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. By the way. there is an attached streaming deck which I have not thought to test since being on site.

GregPeatfield

I have built a streaming system for a church which I tested at home using the same RS-232 and USB cables which have been subsequently been installed in the church. At home the PTZ control panel worked perfectly, in the church none of the functions operate. However, it is possible to control camera motions using the Camera Control functions within Video Capture Device/Properties/Configure Video/Properties. This problem is delaying the project and has become a major problem. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. By the way. there is an attached streaming deck which I have not thought to test since being on site.
Hi Jeramiah,

I am no expert on the RS-232 side, but a few things I would look at:
1) Is the PC different at the church? Could there be less power to drive the cables if they are long?
2) Are the cables shielded? If they are run next to noisy Power, Video, or LAN cables, could it be interference?

Just my immediate thoughts...