glikely

glikely submitted a new resource:

PTZ Controls - Pan Tilt Zoom camera controls for OBS

This plugin adds a PTZ camera control panel to OBS that can control multiple cameras, and can automatically change selected camera based on the currently active preview or program scene.

The plugin supports the VISCA serial protocol, with plans to add support for VISCA over IP and other camera control protocols. It has been tested on Windows and Linux. MacOS should also work but is untested.

This is early software that isn't fully functional, and I'm not providing binaries at this time...

Read more about this resource...

EB123

awesome to see this feature.. are there any plans to add virtual PTZ option also ? to make it possible to pan/crop 4k footage at 1080 resolution.. also if this could be controlled with standard joysticks somehow it would round out the functionality perfectly..

glikely

I've thought about a virtual PTZ function. It would be a great feature to have. Right now I'm focused on finishing VISCA support, adding VISCA-over-IP, and making the user interface better.

To implement virtual PTZ, it could be implemented either by directly modifying the transforms on a source, or by adding a virtual source that performs PTZ operations on an existing source. I'd be happy to accept patches that implement either method.

KPC41

Looking forward to your development . Have just purchased a Tenveo PTZ camera . Works great. Just waiting on Rs 232 control cable . Loaded your win version on OBS - can see the direction controls but not seeing any camera information . Camera works in scenes OK. Do I need the control cable to see your other information in the plugin ? Not software person .,but will like to assist in testing
obs-PTZ plugin.png

Last edited:

glikely

You need to add and configure the cameras. There should be a gear icon at the bottom of the window that opens the PTZ settings window.

KPC41

You need to add and configure the cameras. There should be a gear icon at the bottom of the window that opens the PTZ settings window.
Thanks for that.
Looks OK now!!

FYI . The PTZ camera I am using is a Tenveo HD conference Camera- this has HDMI connection only, but with RS232 plug for connecting control signals to computer. (waiting for Cable - could be about 2 weeks).-With cable, wiil I have full functionally.
Attachment shows details from manualptz plugin 2.png
camera settings.jpg

dattrax

Hi, great plugin. Wondered which game controllers you'd tested this with? I've tried a couple of official xbox controllers and a bluetooth controller. None of them appear in the dropdown for the controllers, so possibly I'm doing something wrong with either the installation or the setup.

Any advise?

Cheers
Jim

glikely

Game controller detection isn't working on Windows at the moment. It worked for me on Linux, but it seems that game controller discovery is touchy on Windows. I haven't figured out a solution yet.

Is the plug-in working for you otherwise?

dattrax

other than the issue with the game controller, there's an issue with the IP address dropdown getting lost (if you add another camera then in is restored, so not a biggy). Some of the UI sliders didn't seem to do anything, but that might be camera specific.

If the game controller worked, it would be functional for what I need.

glikely

The vertical slider controls the pan/tilt speed. The horizontal slider at the bottom is supposed to show the zoom position, but I haven't wired it up yet!

dattrax

Sadly that fix doesn't seem to work on Windows 10.

I had a play with the gamepad qt example tonight. out the box, I was not able to get a gamepad detection. After a bit of googling, I was able to get it to work with this workaround

QGamepadManager* gamepad_manager = QGamepadManager::instance();
QWindow* window = new QWindow();
window->show();
delete window;
QGuiApplication::processEvents();
QList<int> gamepads = gamepad_manager->connectedGamepads();
qInfo() << "connected gamepads : " << gamepads.size();

seems like you have to create/destroy a window for it to appear. I might have a play compiling your plugin and see if I can get it working with it.

jrgrant

Just gave this a whirl with an ancient Canon VC-C3 connected serially. Heard some whirs and clicks, but sadly nothing that could be called control. I have some developer docs available for this thing if you're interested in pursuing support for it.