Program Output Compatibility with Blackmagic UltraStudio HD Mini

glitch452

Hi Everyone. I'm wondering if anyone has used the BlackMagic UltraStudio HD Mini with macOS and can confirm whether or not the program feed from OBS can be sent out of the HDMI and/or SDI output ports?

The device connects via Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C port). It has SDI in/out, analog in, and HDMI out.
I'm wondering if it would be compatible with the DeckLink output options built in to OBS.
I'm currently using the latest version of OBS (25.0.8) on the latest version of macOS Catalina (15.5.5)

Here is a link to the device on the B&H website and BMD website

glitch452

Just posting my results now that I have the device. Video input (Component) and output (HDMI) works well with OBS on macOS. I was able to use the DeckLink output in OBS to send the program feed out via HDMI. I did not test the SDI since I don't have any way to do so.

Note: I do have an issue with analog audio capture. The sample rate does not seem to stay fixed so the audio is garbled and skipping. Audio output works properly however (tested over HDMI).

jamie-

Thanks for checking back in, confirms my suspicions which is good. I still have a purchase order open for one. Cheers!