Problem with window capture when the window is not focused

Darasukan

Just an observation: im not a Native American so my english can be... very curious.

So, the problem is,im trying to make a record while i do other stuff, but, the screen that is recording (a youtube video) freezes when is not focused, example, Edge if focused and recording, if i get back to OBS (maximized) the preview and the record freezes and just the audio can be heard, idk what happened this problem was not appearing the first time i used OBS

just to complement, here's a screenshot of what i'm trying to say: https://prnt.sc/voobp1 (Also attached), its just recording the top part from the video, and if i minimize the entire page the record preview just stop, I haven't had this problem before.

some pages that i saw said about it so i'm just saying
The option "hardware acceleration" is disabled, both from Microsoft Edge and OBS

Attachments

• 2020-11-23 16-48-29.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    435.1 KB · Views: 410

smkbhd

Just an observation: im not a Native American so my english can be... very curious.

So, the problem is,im trying to make a record while i do other stuff, but, the screen that is recording (a youtube video) freezes when is not focused, example, Edge if focused and recording, if i get back to OBS (maximized) the preview and the record freezes and just the audio can be heard, idk what happened this problem was not appearing the first time i used OBS

just to complement, here's a screenshot of what i'm trying to say: https://prnt.sc/voobp1 (Also attached), its just recording the top part from the video, and if i minimize the entire page the record preview just stop, I haven't had this problem before.

some pages that i saw said about it so i'm just saying
The option "hardware acceleration" is disabled, both from Microsoft Edge and OBS

Hello
I had same problem.
and i somehow found a way(this is not exactly what you looking for but it would help)
download windowtop app from https://windowtop.info/ you can now make window tabs transparent and make them set on top and make enable click through, after doing these to layer you want , use window capture on OBS.

Lawrence_SoCal

What you are describing is a common operating system technique to manage resources (ie, why spend CPU/GPU, etc resources on rendering a video when you can't see it), especially within browsers. It is why on a browser page, if you scroll past something it will render, but stop when it is no longer visible
There tends to be browser specific settings to change that behavior

swampfox76

Had a similar problem. I found a Firefox extension called, "Always active Window - Always Visible." This came about because I was trying to record multiple windows in OBS Studio 26.1. OBS was not recording the browser windows that were minimized (or that I was not actively viewing at the time). This occurred because Firefox was not rendering the activity (in this case, a live auction) in these windows.

panik

Had a similar problem. I found a Firefox extension called, "Always active Window - Always Visible." This came about because I was trying to record multiple windows in OBS Studio 26.1. OBS was not recording the browser windows that were minimized (or that I was not actively viewing at the time). This occurred because Firefox was not rendering the activity (in this case, a live auction) in these windows.
Thanks swampfox76