Power Point Audio not showing in OBS - MAC

axel_e

I have a PowerPoint presentation that has certain videos embedded. I can show the slides
in OBS, but it does not seem to capture the audio of the embedded clips.

I am aware that I could just use the video clips directly in OBS, but for the sake
of streamlining my workflow I would like to keep everything in PowerPoint.

Does anybody have a good way to have PowerPoint audio show up in OBS?

thanks

TFE

I produce and host two live shows a week using Keynote (previously used PPT, works the same) with approx 100 slides and embedded videos. I run the Keynote on a separate computer, and take the HDMI out via an inexpensive video capture card/dongle into USB on the OBS computer. Frees up resources on the OBS computer and allows using the Keynote in presenter mode so you can see the current and next slide, and any notes you may want to reference. Have done over 550 live shows on YT/FB, and it has worked flawlessly. Here's the show from last Friday: https://youtu.be/Th3Qsxngd1k

As to audio, you can get audio from the Keynote computer any number of ways. I use a stand-alone mixer (Rodecaster Pro) into which all audio is fed — studio mics, audio from the keynote computer, etc. — and the output, obviously, is sent to the OBS computer via audio interface.

Last edited:

axel_e

I produce and host two live shows a week using Keynote (previously used PPT, works the same) with approx 100 slides and embedded videos. I run the Keynote on a separate computer, and take the HDMI out via an inexpensive video capture card/dongle into USB on the OBS computer. Frees up resources on the OBS computer and allows using the Keynote in presenter mode so you can see the current and next slide, and any notes you may want to reference. Have done over 550 live shows on YT/FB, and it has worked flawlessly. Here's the show from last Friday: https://youtu.be/Th3Qsxngd1k

As to audio, you can get audio from the Keynote computer any number of ways. I use a stand-alone mixer (Rodecaster Pro) into which all audio is fed — studio mics, audio from the keynote computer, etc. — and the output, obviously, is sent to the OBS computer via audio interface.
thanks. that is actually a really good idea!!! I will look into that.